Sweepstake.... what is Ray looking at buying??

Started by philoldsmobile, July 24, 2011, 10:09:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

philoldsmobile

Well, its obviously a 12 cylinder judging from the how many cylinders thread... as far as I can recall, there are only three countries that have built V12's that are anything approaching readily available - Britain, Italy and Germany.

The Brits are limited to the Jaguar XJ-S, XJ12, series 3 E type, and a couple of Aston Martins, the Italians have a veritable gaggle of V12's - Ferrari 400i 550 456 575, 599 612, lambo Diablo, countash, Merciellago etc, and the Germans have a few Mercs and BMW's

If I know Ray, we can pretty safely knock the Italian cars off the list, and I'd shy away from the Brits.

I'm going to wager.......(in order of likeliness)

Merc SL600
Merc CL600 (or AMG variants of either)
BMW 850
BMW 760
E type series 3
Aston Martin

So...whadday think?

(I have to add i'd sell my granny for any of the above cars)

F Body

Anything just as long as it's NOT a BMW 6 series

philoldsmobile

no V12 variant, so based on the information we have, it wont be....

F Body

Quoting: philoldsmobile
no V12 variant,

My bad " M6 5.0 L (4999 cc) V10"

Still one of the ugliest cars made

Big Mouse

Well, it is in your list.

As I only do about 4000 business miles nowadays compared to the 20+k I used to do I thought i'd treat myself to something a bit more comfortable as a daily - only problem is the car I wanted was sold on saturday and I couldn't get there until this morning

Fieldy

I would get the CL.... My personal favourite Auto-Bahn munching Mercs.

F Body

I'm rather smitten with a V8 I see at the gym every other morning

An Audi RS5, pity it's white, but the interior and £6k optional RS seats are awesome

It's a fully optioned company car and remove all sharp objects from near reach before I tell you how much it cost

philoldsmobile

check out the absolutely AWESOME value of 2000 era CL500's quite staggering vale for money...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2000-MERCEDES-BENZ-CL-AMG-CL500-Auto-/190492157332?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item2c5a37a594#ht_2082wt_1062\" target=\"_blank\" rel=\"nofollow\">http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2000-MERCEDES-BENZ-CL-AMG-CL500-Auto-/190492157332?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item2c5a37a594#ht_2082wt_1062

That is quite a car for the money..  5 grand for a mercedes V8 that still looks like a 40 - 50k car..

so Ray... CL600 then? i could really see you in one... plus its a V12...

F Body

5 grand for a mercedes V8 that still looks like a 40 - 50k car..

Quoting: F Body
remove all sharp objects from near reach before I tell you how much it cost

£82k

Andy

Aston Martin

My vote!

Big Mouse

so Ray... CL600 then? i could really see you in one... plus its a V12...

Correctamundo!

V12 bi-turbo. The one I had my eye on was a private sale by someone I know of. Genuine geezer but in a bad place, his company was being wound up and he needed to sell it for cash before they took it off him. He only found out they could take the car on Thursday.

2005 31000, obsidian black with cream leather, FMBSH, new tyres all round, new stainless exhaust 4 months ago. Full option.
MB changed the cats last year under warranty. HPI clear, no back claim  possible by the people winding his company up as long as it was sold by today.

I called him as soon as I was told he had to sell it, offered him the full asking price and had enough cash in the safe for the 30% deposit but couldn't get over to him until Sunday which he was fine with but someone else - bizarrely someone else I know - nipped over there on saturday morning with cash in an envelope and convinced him to sell to him, I suspect he offered him a bit more.

He wanted £15k

I reckoned on it being worth at least £25k

philoldsmobile