How much would you pay for this ?

Started by Roadkill, October 04, 2011, 09:15:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roadkill

Thinking of doing a limited run of these (or very similar) but wanted to gauge demand.

Note that it's a real wheel, real tyre, 10mm glass and tubular steel support.

Was also considering creating a V8 engine-block based table, too.

Rob

Gotta be looking around the £300 mark I should think atleast

F Body

Incursus

Could do you a good deal on some wheels

ianjpage

wholly old photo batman - just clocked the old sofas!!!

FUBAR

Quoting: Rob
Gotta be looking around the £300 mark I should think at least

I agree with that,
More if you can get (especially) Goodyear Eagle GT / GTII or BF Goodrich white letter tyres... ppl like Brand Names
(BF's are £120 ea from North Hants Tyres)
Also a bit extra if you're including the "Easy Slide" Base plate which is not visible in that pic, partly because you added it later on.

If you do i've already 'd one
It's the time that we kill that keeps us alive...

Roadkill

Was thinking of keeping with the SlotMag type wheel as they're classic, relatively cheap, easy to come by and robust . . plus look good shiny or not so.

Tyres.   I could go with part worn but that's a bit iffy.

Glass - they recommended 6mm but I thought that's look flimsy so I upped it to 10mm IIRC.

Real material costs last time were nearly £300 so I've obviously got to reduce that.

FUBAR

Wheel type is fine
Glass is fine

if the material costs were around the £300mark and especially if using a main brand tyre then obviously it'll cost more than that.
It's the time that we kill that keeps us alive...

F Body

Quoting: Roadkill
Glass - they recommended 6mm but I thought that's look flimsy so I upped it to 10mm IIRC.

Is it toughened safety glass, just thinking of the little Jensen's running about

Gator

needs a hubcap over the top bolts imo just to continue the theme onto the table

its a great idea but atm to me it looks too much like a glass disk bolted to a wheel

could you get the glass etched? a tyre print running round it or across it would look fantastic

Roadkill

Quoting: F Body
Is it toughened safety glass

Yes.

Quoting: Gator
it looks too much like a glass disk bolted to a wheel

That's the look I was going for.

could you get the glass etched?

Almost certainly.

a tyre print running round it or across it would look fantastic

Funny you say that . . . I saw a "Chevrolet" table go on ebay recently (ironically utilising a MoPar block ) which had etched "C H E V R O L E T" on to the glass . . . . . . my first thought was "looks good, but I'd have to replace the glass".

My personal opinion was that it made it look too busy.

I was going for simple, clean lines.

I did consider doing a "Checkered flag" pattern around the central spindle but left it out for the same reason.