What American car is the hardest to find in unmolested stock form?

Started by F Body, October 16, 2011, 03:07:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

F Body

Clue : Fubar Knows

http://jalopnik.com/5850089/what-car-is-the-hardest-to-find-in-unmolested-stock-form\" target=\"_blank\" rel=\"nofollow\">http://jalopnik.com/5850089/what-car-is-the-hardest-to-find-in-unmolested-stock-form

Even my car isn't 100%stock

Although I nearly always buy genuine GM parts including two AC Delco batteries which cost an arm and a leg, the non stock parts are ( in order of fitment over the years :

Painted brake calipers to stop them rusting when nearly new.

Gearbox oil pan gasket ( cork because the stock GM paper ones are crap and leak ).

SLP loudmouth stainless steel twin outlet exhaust.

Kuhmo tyres replacing the Goodyears ( no longer made ).

American spec Camaro rear lights with the white reverse light segments tinted red.

SLP radiator fan over ride switch.

GM VATS security system bypass module.

LED front side lights that can actually been seen.

Poly bump stops because the GM foam ones rot away.

Andy

Motorama

I would have said tri Chevys, ie 55,56,57 are harder to find in stock form

FUBAR

Its a fair point,

I don't consider gasket/filter/battery/bulb/tyre type changes etc to be "modifications" just because the brand is different. (those LED ones are though Martyn but make perfect practical sense so they're right on the boundary IMO)

At the moment, ignoring the above list the actual changes to my IROC-Z would be side markers, interior Dash LED Bulbs, steering wheel and exhaust, all of which are reversible changes  Also I guess the ground effect stripes too because they're not original and technically the wrong way up.

I haven't fitted the rear suspension bits I bought yet basically because the exhaust has stopped rattling on the suspension which was the reason for buying them in the first place.

Steering bits haven't gone on yet and they are stock-replacement anyway.

The headliner change depends on your point of view, it was a "Wear & Tear" restorative replacement, the foam-backed fabric is correct but its on a plastic backing, so the Jury is out on that one. also when I changed it I removed the extra dome-light as well so its more stock now than it was

I do agree though, especially over here to find a truly stock 3rd gen of any kind you'd really be pushing it.
It's the time that we kill that keeps us alive...

F Body

Quoting: FUBAR
I do agree though, especially over here to find a truly stock 3rd gen of any kind you'd really be pushing it.

What about RK's

Roadkill

Quoting: Motorama
I would have said tri Chevys, ie 55,56,57 are harder to find in stock form

Especially the 55's as they were a favourite for racers for some time.