What a Crap Sunday

Started by Jamieg285, April 10, 2006, 02:41:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jamieg285

Finally got to Billing just before 1pm on Sunday, Puddleduck deserted, so packed up tent and trotted off to find people on the show field.  
Before we got that far it started pi$$ing down. Hid in random traders tent (like many others )

Found Philo and the BBQ had a quick chat, then had to go back to the tent to feed Alex.
Alex fed, time to feed ourselves.  Hot dog and donuts for me, pork roll and pancakes for Debs.  Ran into Rayc and Misterchevy for a brief chat whilst eating.  
Wondered down traders alley - where's the car bits?  Couldn't see any!
Stopped at USAutos for a brief time, but Alex was getting narky so we had to keep moving.
Pi$$ed it down again, just as we saw the MKB mule on it's way out.  
Cold and miserable, we decided it was time to go, only 2 hours after getting there, having seen very few people, and only done 5% of the show field.

Still, Friday was a blast, and the Summer Nats must be better.

55starchief

Always the rock and roll weekend mate, maybe leave alex with the inlaws for the sat night and you and debs stop over for a MKB evening of drink and BBQ

Jamieg285

Quoting: 55starchief
Always the rock and roll weekend mate, maybe leave alex with the inlaws for the sat night and you and debs stop over for a MKB evening of drink and BBQ

Unlikely to do the R&R, bit close to other car related stuff (not for me, mind )

Might be worth suggesting to Debs for the Summer though, you never know???

Giblets

Sorry I missed you mate.

Was wondering where you were yesterday!

EDGE

we only stayed for 2 hours matey, just wasnt as much fun as it used to be,....

EDGE

Roadkill

Quoting: EDGE
just wasnt as much fun as it used to be,....

Saw HRC and Badger there, but you were elsewhere . . . .

Missed Jamie on the Sunday, too . . .

EDGE

from aaci discussion... if harry's gonna take whati say on this forum and post it over on the aaci.......

Originally posted by Edge Motorsport

QuoteOriginally posted by prezaaci

Yea Mike, no chance anywhere near the main fields.

QUOTE:
we only stayed for 2 hours matey, just wasnt as much fun as it used to be,....

EDGE

Ref the quote mate & out of pure curiosity how much Fun do you hope to get in just 2 Hours  & what do you term as Fun ?   Pole Dancing ?  Water filled Bowl of Apples? Pass the Parcel ?    It's an American Car Rally for Christ sake.

All we can do is put everything in place for the benefit of everyone but if your gonna go round with a face like A Bull Dog chewing a Wasp & not catching up with mates or getting any enjoyment out of looking at loads of great Motors there's not much anyone else can do for you.

Why not try putting something back into it by offering to Marshal or sommat like a whole lot of other Guys do regardless of weather or conditions.

I would have a lie in next time mate.  There's clearly no hope for ya.

[/size=2]

firstly.. i take PERSONAL offence to most of those comments you've just made, are you taking the p!ss or what.. you telling me that you read that on another forum and posted it over here...

seriously... thats my personal opinion, i didnt like it, i went home.. big f*****g deal, i tried offering a hand here by suggesting a dyno place but i guess that goes by the by....

is it a crime to say i dint enjoy the show... oh... my bad.. i take it all back... i had a great time... seriously... best sunday EVAR !!!!!111oneoneone

i did catch up with mates, i checked out the completely random trade stands and looked at all the cars...

why do you have to take one person saying they didnt enjoy the show as a personal attack and then just try to shoot them down in the hope that everyone else will back you up... you cant make me enjoy it, ive enjoyed other shows at billing, i'll probably enjoy the summer nats, but i didnt enjoy this one, thats all im saying.

that ok with y'all....

EDGE

55starchief

Tell you what mate,  why not come and camp with us lot just ask pod and podette if they enjoyed them selves or finley who went away with thoughts of building a monster kebab oven. The show field was good but its often the same cars. I go for the crack of camping with my mates the cars are a bonus

EDGE

yeah, im thinkin of camping there this summer, i think that adds to the day.. ive enjoyed the other ones, i just thouht this one was kinda dull, and others agreed, so im not alone in having an opinion

EDGE

55starchief

Quoting: EDGE
so im not alone in having an opinion

Your not allowed them mate

Jo

Exactly what I told Edge earlier LOL

Jo

Ok When is the Toddington meet please, time & place & we see what we can do.

55starchief

I think it might actualy be at the Rock and Roll weekend

Pod

He's got a point - pole dancing would be great!

Roadkill

Naughty, naughty, Edge.  Remember - We're watched here !!!

That's why we're all nicey nicey and get along.

We're all actually fighting and bitching at each other behind the scenes . . . . . HONEST !!!

Titsy

Quoting: Pod
He's got a point - pole dancing would be great!

Mmmmm.... Pole Dancers....

55starchief

Quoting: Titsy
Mmmmm.... Pole Dancers....

Hmm not so sure that you will find many poles in northampton but there are plenty of cosovans

Jamieg285

Hmm not so sure that you will find many poles in northampton but there are plenty of cosovans

Groan

philoldsmobile

Hmm not so sure that you will find many poles in northampton

well...perhaps not upright ones....  

Titsy

Quoting: philoldsmobile
well...perhaps not upright ones....

They do seem to be very anti-pole/post in Northampton, although I'm sure there is a better and less costly method of removing them than the one they currently employ....

Jamieg285

Quoting: Podette
Ok When is the Toddington meet please, time & place & we see what we can do.

It would normally be the 1st Sunday of the month at 4pm.   IF there's any change it'll be announced on here and our homepage.

Pod

Cool, if it's on a Sunday we could probably do that.

55starchief

Yup always on a sunday and moves from lunch time in the winter months to late afternoon in the summer. We also share the venue with the viper club meet

Roadkill

Be good to have ya', Mate.

Likewise a trek out to Cambridge can be arranged, too.

MaryAnn