Chrysler saving Fiat ? Odd but true !

Started by F Body, November 16, 2011, 08:09:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

F Body

HardRockCamaro

Jeep sales have been gathering momentum the last 18 months and are having record months. Ironically Jeep sales are what carried Kaiser Jeep after their takeover resulting in a rename to just Jeep.
Chrysler cars have had some good sales results after refreshes. The Fidge journey is doing well I believe.

Roadkill

philoldsmobile

but chrysler IS fiat.......so its Fiat propping Fiat up. surely it just shows Fiat are actually doing a decent job with chrysler.

F Body

Quoting: philoldsmobile
but chrysler IS fiat.......so its Fiat propping Fiat up. surely it just shows Fiat are actually doing a decent job with chrysler.

No because if you read the artical Fiat's aren't selling in Europe or the States, whilst Chrysler's are selling well in the States bailing Fiat out

Accepting that they are both owned by Fiat but have very different products for the time being, until some horrendous badge engineered bodges arrive !

Pity Chrysler can't market cars in the UK

HardRockCamaro

Erm, no Phil.

All the stuff that has happened to Chrysler was already in place when Fiat bought them.  So those improvements kicked in, and the European arket soured, in perfect sync to leave Chryslers revenue supporting Fiat.

But yes, as Fiat owns Chrysler it's academic, but as a usiness nit Chrysler is outperforming Fiats auto business unit.

HardRockCamaro

Funny how US cars struggle to sell here, and this is often put down to low quality, however I personally think brand awareness and prejudice comes into it.

To my great amusement it seems that works in reverse with Americans deciding not everything European is gold:

http://www.leftlanenews.com/fiat-still-struggling-to-sell-500-to-americans.html\" target=\"_blank\" rel=\"nofollow\">http://www.leftlanenews.com/fiat-still-struggling-to-sell-500-to-americans.html

Titsy

Quoting: philoldsmobile
but chrysler IS fiat.......so its Fiat propping Fiat up.

There is a difference between Fiat group and Fiat Cars... The inference is that Chrysler Cars are propping up Fiat Group...