Roadkill's 1958 Cadillac

Started by Roadkill, October 18, 2005, 02:00:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sixpack2639

Yeah, right. I'm sure you got the meaning just fine.

Roadkill

Eye to eye 47.125"  - Mine's also exactly 47.125"

Long part of bar between bends 36" - Mine HAS to be 37.25" minimum to clear the sway bar bushes.  So that's a clear 37.25" between bends.

Sides 8.5" - Mine is more like 8 or maybe 8.25" at absolute most on that dimension.

55starchief

If you want to ship the old bar back to the USA i have a shipment leaving next friday mate

Roadkill

Quoting: 55starchief
If you want to ship the old bar back to the USA i have a shipment leaving next friday mate

Thanks.

But until I know that there is an alternative it's pointless.

55starchief

Quoting: Roadkill

But until I know that there is an alternative it's pointless.

i figured that the one you have is no good so why not send it back, not like its gonna cost anything other than the shipping inside the usa when you know where you want ot sent

Roadkill

I'll wait and see if carl has any joy with them first . . .

But definately the best option.

sixpack2639

When I spoke to Rich he assured me that the 59-60 bar with the dimentions I gave you is the ONLY other option they (PST) have.

Would you not be able to move the mounting points for the bushes, ie. drill new holes in the frame, to make it work????

Roadkill

]=========[

That's a front view of the frame rails . . . . . . the mounts are currently located as close to each other as possible.

I could maybe re-drill them 1/2" closer together but that'd be ridiculuosly close to the vertical part of the rail.

Dunno.

The only other option is to weld a plate to the bottom of the rails to give me more room for mounting holes . . . .

It's just irritating as they should know what they're selling.

I'll have another look over the weekend, mate.

Roadkill

When they gave you the dimensions for the bar (from which you drew it) did they give you an angle that the shorter part comes off of the longer part ?

That'd make it easy for me to work backwards and create a fairly accurate AutoCAD drawing and compare it to the original.

I could even offer it to PST so they don't waste anyone elses time in future.

sixpack2639

It's just irritating as they should know what they're selling.

I totally agree!

TBH, I doubt they'll get any more business from me.

55starchief

You could always get a couple fo squares 3" cut in 2mm s/steel that you could bolt in the original place and then bolt the mounts in enough to get the clearance you want

Roadkill

Quoting: 55starchief
You could always get a couple fo squares 3" cut in 2mm s/steel that you could bolt in the original place and then bolt the mounts in enough to get the clearance you want

Kinda on the lines of

The only other option is to weld a plate to the bottom of the rails to give me more room for mounting holes . . . .

55starchief

Kinda on the lines of

yup

Roadkill

She's booked in for an MoT tomorrow at 5.30pm.

Due to F*ck knows how many other projects (both auto ones and at home) I've decided to put the '58 entirely on hold for this year.
That is no resto work will be carried out and only minor work needed to keep her on the road.

Basically if something breaks and it costs more that £20 to fix she's being taken back off the road . . . Assuming she passes the MoT, of course.

It's a shame but in order to dedicate the time required I just need to get some other jobs finished . . .

ianjpage

heres hoping she passes

It's a shame but in order to dedicate the time required I just need to get some other jobs finished . . .

Yeah and once the camaro finsihed u be alot happier then i bet!!!

Incursus

Quoting: ianjpage
Yeah and once the camaro finsihed u be alot happier then i bet!!!

Yeah its the rest of us road users that are going to worry

ianjpage

Roadkill

Quoting: Incursus
Yeah its the rest of us road users that are going to worry

Damn right, Ford boy.

Roadkill

MoT moved to Monday due to dead battery.

Works out better for me TBH, anyway.

F Body

MoT moved to Monday due to dead battery.  

Works out better for me TBH, anyway.

Well it's not like it's going to fail anyway

Roadkill

We'll see.  I don't like to persume.

It certainly has it's issues . . more so than this time last year . . .

Roadkill

She passed her MoT this evening . . minor advisor on a ball joint.

Took her for a quick blat over to CR#2 and back.

Roadkill

Oh, will by "buying" my free years' tax tonight.

F*ck you, Government.

Roadkill

ianjpage

She passed her MoT this evening . . minor advisor on a ball joint.