Titsy's Project Camaro

Started by Titsy, April 16, 2006, 01:40:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Titsy

Quoting: 55starchief
What sensors are on the engine for oil?

There is a pressure sensor and a level sensor...
is there a specific low oil sensor?

Yes... And operates as follows:
Quoting: Owners Manual
This red warning light should come on while you are starting your engine. If it doesn't come on, have it repaired.
If the light stays on after starting your engine then your engine oil level may be to low. You may need to add oil.

NOTICE:
The engine oil light monitoring system only checks the oil level when starting your engine. It does not keep monitoring the level once the engine is running. Also, the oil level check only works when the engine has been turned off long enough for the oil to drain back into the oil pan.

is it a manual or electric oil pump

It's an auxilery, not electric.

Quoting: Pod
take the bulb out.

Otherwise, find out what's wrong and fix it.

Hence the post...

Titsy

When the car has been standing the light does not extinguish after starting, despite the level being fine on the dipstick... If I stop the engine and restart then no problems, but I guess that's covered by what the owners manual says...

55starchief

Where is the sensor? also what type if its a float it might get stuck down with some sludge.

Titsy

Where is the sensor?

Not sure...

if its a float it might get stuck down with some sludge

I would hope not, the oil system was flushed and the oil and filter renewed just before new year...

55starchief

Quoting: Titsy

I would hope not, the oil system was flushed and the oil and filter renewed just before new year...

and you didnt have the problem before that? i would try and locate the sensor remove it and clean it

Titsy

and you didnt have the problem before that?

I didn't have the problem till yesterday, and i've covered near 900 miles since servicing...

Titsy

How can you tell if the dipstick it right for the engine?

55starchief

How can you tell if the dipstick it right for the engine?

well you do look good driving the car

Titsy

well you do look good driving the car

Anyway, your comment is flawed, I look like a fat man in sporty motor.... I spoil the look of the car....

It's Jeremy Clarkson Syndrome....

55starchief

It's Jeremy Clarkson Syndrome....

what you talk utter bolllox all the time and dress like your stuck in the 1980's hmmm sounds like some one we know

Pod

It's a shame no-one took a photo of your white bling trainers before Sammy and Jo chucked them away.

Titsy

It's a shame no-one took a photo of your white bling trainers before Sammy and Jo chucked them away.

To clariffy for any onlookers, this one's aimed a StarChief....

55starchief

To clariffy for any onlookers, this one's aimed a StarChief...

this from the man with the BENCH sweatshirt

Titsy

this from the man with the BENCH sweatshirt

That I did not purchase, and have NEVER (nor do I intend to) worn...

Roadkill

Titsy

Quoting: Roadkill
Yer both Chavs.

How am I a Chav?

Titsy

***FAO ROCKY***

OK, After seeing the nose work done on FUBAR's 3rd Gen at the weekend I'm wondering if it would be possable to do the same on my bumper rather than preping and respraying the whole thing...

Here's the damage, what do you think???

http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g166/slice_of_toast/IMGP9566.jpg\" target=\"_blank\" rel=\"nofollow\"> [img]http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g166/slice_of_toast/IMGP9566.jpg\" border=\"0\"  alt=\"\" width=150>

F Body

Roadkill needs glasses

N.B Rocky we still haven't sorted out my bonnet

Rocky

Should be ok if i get a good colour match it would be around £75-£85

Quoting: F Body
N.B Rocky we still haven't sorted out my bonnet

Still waiting for you

Titsy

Quoting: Rocky
Should be ok if i get a good colour match

Would it help if I lifted one of the flakes and sent it to you?

Rocky

If its the standard colour i just need the code.

Titsy

Have been looking at what to do with the suspension... Trouble is, if I drop the car by 1.5" then my ground clearance goes down to 3.5" for the air dam... Not very speed hump friendly...

Roadkill

They're not progressive . . . never heard of the make, either.

But for a cheap fix they're a good price.

Titsy

the suspension isn't broken, so doesn't need a 'quick fix'.... It could just do with improving...

Titsy

Should be ok if i get a good colour match it would be around £75-£85

4th gen are £150 for the SFCs + £50 for the extra bracing and £160 for welding them in interior etc has to be removed we bend them up from 1.3/4" seamless tubing and are completly custom fitted to your car.

Ok then Rocky, when can I book her in to have the bumper blown-in and the SFC's fitted?

Also, how much could you get hold of an Edelbrock strut brace for, and how much to fit...