Titsy's Project Camaro

Started by Titsy, April 16, 2006, 01:40:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pod

Quoting: Titsy
how much to fit...

Surely fitting it is just drilling a few holes and bolting it on?
That's what I'm intending to do with mine when/if it ever turns up.

Titsy

Doesn't hurt to get a price... Plus, in the case of the 4th gen the bulkhead isn't that iasy to get to as the engine sits partially under the dash as windscreen, so fitting this type of brace could turn out to be a PITA...

Pod

Fair enough.
Just found out my package has got stuck at Parcelforce waiting for me to pay them (and vat). So I'll pick that up tomorrow and see how my strut tower brace fits.

Rocky

Pretty booked up for a few weeks, did you have a time in mind? Strut brace would be around £40-£45 going by an hourly rate.

Titsy

Quoting: Rocky
Pretty booked up for a few weeks, did you have a time in mind?

Whenever suits you really... It would be nice to get it done before the start of the show season, but it's not the end of the world if it isn't...

Strut brace would be around £40-£45 going by an hourly rate.

Any idea how much you could get hold of an Edelbrock brace for?

Roadkill

Really am tempted to have new SFC's fitted to mine . . . . the existing ones, although work, really don't fill me with confidence . . .

Titsy

Rocky

Looking into the brace i dont really deal with Edelbrock so have emailed a few people i deal with to see what they can get, Will email you tomorrow with a date as have to see when i can squeeze you in the booth.

Titsy

Rocky

Titsy

you have PM

Ditto...

Titsy

She passed her MOT with flying colours...

Only one advisory that one of the rear tyres is on it's way out. But I have the Death Sliders (coopers) that I'm trying to run down to replace with Kuhmos on the rear. So they're supposed to be running low on tread....

Plus, My shipment of shiney new things from Modern Day Muscle turned up today...

Titsy

Well, in reward for me insuring her for another year she's bitten again...

The hose repair i've done isn't holding when she gets hot... How are you supposed to look cool when every time you pull up there is steam coming out from under the bonnet?

Checked to see how much a replacement would cost.... Wait for it.... $250... The hose in question goes all the way from the water pump to the heater matrix and the a mix of ruber swaged onto aluminium pipes, plus it is fixed to another pipe the comes all the way back, and has a blead valve in it... Would have to be the most expensive hose in the car wouldn't it....

I'm actually thinking is would be best to replace all the hoses and the water pump so that the coolong system has no excuses to break...

Also when is starts to leak it drips down near the optispark, so I can't mess about to long getting it fixed...

Oh yeah, and to top all that the power steering seems to have packed up... What did I do to deserve all this?

Maybe I should have bought an Alfa, it would have been more reliable...

Roadkill

the power steering seems to have packed up...

How so ?

Titsy

It's intermitently stiff to steer... I've only noticed it when manovouring, but them you wouldn't really notice at speed...

Roadkill

It's intermitently stiff to steer...

Checked your fluid ?

Sounds like there's air in there . . .

Titsy

The hose in question goes all the way from the water pump to the heater matrix and the a mix of ruber swaged onto aluminium pipes, plus it is fixed to another pipe the comes all the way back, and has a blead valve in it...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/93-97-Z28-TRANS-AM-FORMULA-LT1-HEATER-HOSE-ASSEMBLY-NEW_W0QQitemZ270095898737QQcmdZViewItem\" target=\"_blank\" rel=\"nofollow\">Here's one...

Roadkill

Titsy

Quoting: Roadkill
Eh ?

Not quite the $250 I'd been quoted before, but certainly nearing £150 by the time is passes customs...

FUBAR

that thing looks like a biotch to change too
It's the time that we kill that keeps us alive...

Roadkill

My "Eh ?" was because I don't see how your comment has anything to do with the last one regarding Power Steering.

Titsy

it wasn't, but I have two problems...

Pod

I have two lots of problems...

That looks like the hose that sends hot water to the heater and takes it back again.
Can't you just bypass it for now? U shaped hose should do it.
Worked for me.

FUBAR

Quoting: Pod
Worked for me.

And dean's caddy
It's the time that we kill that keeps us alive...