Roadkill

Quoting: FUBAR
And dean's caddy

And my Camaro . . .

And my Dodge . . .

And my '57 Hawk . . .

And  . . . .

FUBAR

It's the time that we kill that keeps us alive...

Titsy

Panic over...
After 3 hours of trying to find somewhere that sold 9/16" or 15mm hose it took just 40mins to drain the coolant, cut off the crimp that held the split section, fit a new piece with clips, and fill it back up again... The hose is pinching a little because it's quite a sharp bend, but the repair looks good...

total cost, £2.50

As for the steering, the fluid level looks a little low, and hopefully that's all it is... Anyone know where I can get the right stuff?

Apparently it has to meet GM specification 9985010...

A drew a little off and it's red in colour... Any ideas people?

Jamieg285

Quoting: Titsy
Any ideas people?

Tricky one. You're supposed to use 'proper' PS fluid.  I got mine from Halfrauds. It's cloudy white.

You can also use ATF, which some manufacturers use as stock, as the fluids are very similar.  

The problem (AFAIK), you can't mix the two, you might start getting leaky seals.  If you don't know exactly what's in there, it's tricky to 'top-up'.

When I re-did mine (albeit including a change og pump and lines), I flushed the system through and started afresh.

Titsy

Managed to change my spark plugs today... It had standard plugs where there should have been platinum, so we fitted iridiums instead.... They will outlast the car... I'll be honest, Shifty changed every single one, and in only 90 mins... Shifty mate, you're a legend.... Cheers Buddy...

Also managed to fit the replacement wheel arch liner on the front pasenger side...

EDGE

are they a pita like the 3rd gen plugs... you cant even see some of those !!

FUBAR

they're worse on a 4th gen!

ianjpage

well done to the man (shifty) for changing those plugs in that time

Titsy

Quoting: EDGE
are they a pita like the 3rd gen plugs... you cant even see some of those !!

you can't see any on the 4th gen...

Shifty

Thanks for the kind words guys but it really isn't that hard.

Having don't this once now I think I could probably do it in around half this time, it's really not that difficult.

Hell I've never changed camaro plugs before, just get stuck in and give it a go.

In all reality the drivers side bank is easy, this should take around 10 mins to do and all of them are fairly accessible with a small amount of obstruction from underneath the car. The passenger side however is a different story, you cant see any of the plugs from above or underneath the vehicle. Through feeling around and nothing more than a standard £25 Hellfords socket set I'm guessing it could be done in around 20 mins.

Expect to have lost of little cuts on your arms and hands by the end of the job as you have to squeeze them through some tiny little gaps, and also a burn on your left hand if you forget to let the engine cool down after starting it up to check the new plugs.

Roadkill

The hose is pinching a little because it's quite a sharp bend

Try inserting a spring a similar O/D to the I/D of the pipe inside.  It allows the pipe to be flexible but prevents it collapsing.

crimp

Quoting: Jamieg285
You can also use ATF

I always have done . . . . No problems as yet . . .

Rocky

Some pics for you i actually notched the tube on yours to get a very close fit,rear bumper just needs mop running over it in morning and a polish.

Titsy

Looking good... I'm guessing you're well on track for me to collect Wednesday AM then... Remember to PM me with the final bill....

Rocky

SFCs will be welded in tomorrow then just need undersealing, paint work should be finished also tomorrow so Wednesday should be fine.

F Body

Looking good...

Rocky is Da man

Rocky

Here you go hasnt been waxed yet. Managed to get some of the other scratches out with the mop that were on the bumper.

FUBAR

Told ya this man knows what he's doing!

Titsy

That look quality...

Quoting: Rocky
Managed to get some of the other scratches out with the mop that were on the bumper.

I don't suppose I can persuade you to have a quick mop over the spoiler, were some ar$ehole has run a key over several times?

Rocky

Will have a look tomorrow the car has been resprayed at some point so have to be careful how much clearcoat they put on.

Titsy

the car has been resprayed at some point

I had worked that much out from the botch job someone has one on the nose cone, I presume it has has a mild front ender at some point in the past...

so have to be careful how much clearcoat they put on.

You lost me...

Rocky

so have to be careful how much clearcoat they put on.

You lost me...

Might of had a front ender or the wings have melted, If they havnt put enough clearcoat on you can polish through to the base coat which isnt good.

FUBAR

polish through to the base coat which isnt good.

I think thats what Ian's typhoon was doing on saturday... the cloth was black by the time i'd finished.

Titsy

Fair doos...

I don't suppose I can persuade you to have a quick mop over the spoiler, were some ar$ehole has run a key over several times?

Will have a look tomorrow

You should see maybe 4 or 5 scratches that run the lenght of the rear spoiler, I tried to polish a couple out but I didn't do that good a job and whoever the little $hit is has had another go at it since

If I ever catch them...

If it will polish out then But if not then I'll have to live with it...

FUBAR

Titsy