Titsy's Project Camaro

Started by Titsy, April 16, 2006, 01:40:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roadkill

Only one of those scratches look anything to worry about . . . the other 2 or 3 I've got worse out before using T-Cut and elbow grease.

Titsy

Quoting: Roadkill
the other 2 or 3 I've got worse out before using T-Cut and elbow grease

I already did that...

Rocky

All done mate hope the spoiler is good enough for you. Do you know a time for pick up as i have to pick up a car on the way in and drop it at MOT.

F Body

Looking sweet

Just remember not to rely on other people when reversing

Titsy

Quoting: Rocky
All done mate hope the spoiler is good enough for you

Dude, That looks freakin' sweet... Rocky, you're a legend...

Do you know a time for pick up

There are trains every half hour, so say when's good for you and i'll be there...

Titsy

Quoting: F Body
Just remember not to rely on other people when reversing

I learned that one 1st time around...

philoldsmobile

Quoting: FUBAR
I think thats what Ian's typhoon was doing on saturday... the cloth was black by the time i'd finished.

no, thats just grime, traffic film etc..

in days of old that would be dead paint, but i believe the phoon will be base / clear

ianjpage

thats is a top job there rocky!!

Rocky

Do you know a time for pick up as i have to pick up a car on the way in and drop it at MOT.

FUBAR

Aaaaaaoooowwwwww   Shinnaaaaaaayyyyyyyy Thangggggssss!!!!
It's the time that we kill that keeps us alive...

Roadkill

Quoting: Titsy
I already did that...

Judging by Rocky's pictures you didn't  "do it" hard enough.

FUBAR

"do it"

Titsy

Do you know a time for pick up as i have to pick up a car on the way in and drop it at MOT

There are trains every half hour, so say when's good for you and i'll be there...

I can easily be there for 10am when you open, or any time after that really...

Rocky

11ish on would be better if thats ok as i didnt want you waiting around.

Titsy

Just got back from Rocky's, and all I can say is WOW... The paintwork is great, I can't see where it's been blown in at all... And the scratches on the spoiler are totally gone...

As for SFC's, the car feels ALOT more positive through bends... I was giving it some beans across all the roundabouts in MK on my way back and it holds quite noticeably better than it did....

Cheers Rocky...

FUBAR

Rocky

Glad your happy and noticed the difference mate, Cant wait to get mine finished to see what the SFCs have done to it.

Titsy

In the somewhat familiar fashion my Camaro seems to have adopted.......

..... it broke....

It seems that once again, as I've spent some money on her, put the paint right, and stiffening the chassis, she's bitten back and developed another fault.... What a Bitch...

On the way to Swindon last night she developed a rather large knock whenever I pull away with some intent (not like Christmas tree style, but with anything more than a tickle or the throttle)... and also when it down shift on kick down....

Shifty took a look before we left Ian's as I recreated the fault by standing on the brake and blipping the throttle to load up the drive train and suspension. We think it's coming from either the rear dampeners or there maybe a bush that has given out now that the flex has gone from the body....

We're going to investigate further on Saturday....

Roadkill

We think it's coming from either the rear dampeners or there maybe a bush that has given out now that the flex has gone from the body....

If that is the case - it's not a bad thing that it's gone.

SFC's obviously stiffen the car so will naturally throw up weak points in your suspension / chassis joints.

My Z28 has a few knocks here and there under heavy loading - that's part of the reason I've just opted to replace everything.

A complete set of bushes for your car will cost less then $150 and shocks/struts about $300 . . . although I appreciate it will take time to fit . . .

Titsy

Might have a lead on this.... Shifty was talking to Phil-O earlier about being pulled by the filth, and mentioned my problem.... He's heard of it before after subframe connectors are fitted....

Turns out it might be that the torque arm bush has given out, and the flex is causing the transmission to bump the tunnel.... sound quite plausable as the tunnel is where I thought the sound was coming from, because I initially thought it was a trans problem...

Will get it up on stands tomorrow and take a look... if it is then time to shoot over to JWR...

Rocky

Didint have a good look at the bushes but they seemed ok although they could be weak i suppose. Let me know how it goes cos its interesting to know incase i get one with a similar problems after SFCs. If you cant find it run it down sometime when your free and i will give it the once over.

F Body

My Z28 has a few knocks here and there under heavy loading

Hey it's a Camaro and mine has had clunks & knocks since it was new  
Really not sure if I'd ever fit SFC's ( Sub Frame Connectors - they connect the sills of the car to the main frame of the car and reduce flex - just in case anyone was wondering ) to a Camaro because it's never really going to handle anyway

Titsy

Well, score one for Phill-O...

Here's a pic of the totally fecked trans mount:

http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g166/slice_of_toast/100_2822.jpg\" target=\"_blank\" rel=\"nofollow\"> (USeless wanted £49.94 )

Back home, in it goes, stighten everything up, car off the stands, out for a test drive and all is fine...

Cheers for pointing me in the right direction Phil-O, and cheers to Shifty for lending a hand...

F Body

Well, score one for Phill-O...

Mr F Body

who drives a Mustang

out for a test drive and all is fine...

How long before you break it again

Titsy

Quoting: F Body
How long before you break it again