Main Menu

Drag racing

Started by Pod, June 05, 2006, 02:55:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pod

Has anyone else run their car and got a time?
Or if not, are you planning to?

Incursus

Nope.....and Yes when the new engine, LSD and traction control are fitted...so in about 2 years time

Titsy

I'm game!

Although all I have to do is strap a DriftBox or VBox in and find a 1/4 mile of road......

Would still be good to give it a go on a proper track though....

55starchief

Yup as soon as my motors back together and in the car it will be run. I want to see how close it comes to its predicted times calculated from hp,weight and gearing. So watch out for a 13.5 1/4

Incursus

Quoting: 55starchief
So watch out for a 13.5 1/4

Not a clue what mine will do............tear the rear axel apart probably

philoldsmobile

only a G tec time, but TBH thats good enough for me, because thats not what i bought the car for..(actualy the Gtec claimed pretty much exactly what chevy do!)

16.3 1/4

bike is (manuf. claim) 12.68 but i dont think my clutch would hold many passes.. she's an old girl now, but still goes like a raped sheep chased by a horny farmer......

despite being 'only' a 550cc 4 cylinder, you really do feel her pull hard through the bars and seat over 7000 rpm.

project death cycle (when it ever gets going) will be much much quicker...

Titsy

Should get 14.2 in my 'maro.... Will have to get some more horses in my Chevrolet field......

Pod

My best so far is 14.7, but there's plenty more to come yet.

Titsy

Quoting: Incursus
Not a clue what mine will do....

The 1974 Plymouth Duster 360ci did 15.8 stock, but yours will be FAR from stock....

EDGE

Quoting: philoldsmobile
project death cycle (when it ever gets going) will be much much quicker...

let me know the plans dude

ive run a 13.8 @ 100mph but i rekon theres another 0.5 in there somewhere...

EDGE

55starchief

Chris i have a website that can calculate an estimated 1/4 mile pass using hp/weight

philoldsmobile

Quoting: EDGE
let me know the plans dude

no big mystery...

the origional idea we discussed is rather pointless, so its going to be either (if i wanna go retro, but it costs ££££££'s) a lime green kawasaki Z1000 (always wanted one) or a suzuki GSX-R 1100 'fighter...

Z1000 is my fave, but as they are deeply in classic status now, they are fetching big money even for a wreck..

gotta detail the GPz first, so its a little way off - just did a couple more bits to her tonight, now she sports a shiny fresh right hand switchgear, all logo's and plastics are happy and deep an shiny..

next step, brake master cylinder, inner dash plastics and LH switchgear..

Roadkill

Quoting: Pod
Or if not, are you planning to?

Yep, both.

The Caddy just once before any work is done - and once when it's finished.

The Camaro when the suspension/gearbox are sorted.

FUBAR

Quoting: Roadkill
Yep, both.

The Caddy just once before any work is done - and once when it's finished.

Pretty much what i'd like to do with my Camaro, 1 day before anything is really done to it just out of curiosity and once once things have been done engine wise. no idea how long that will be though!
It's the time that we kill that keeps us alive...

ianjpage

ran the cobra just after i got it and did a 14.192 @ 99.18mph with some left in it so shoudl hopefully see 13's soon!!

Incursus

just once before any work is done - and once when it's finished.

Like to do a before and after as well but I think i'll use titsy technology for that as I doubt i'll have a chance to take the duster down the strip this year.

Maybe at the Mopar Nationals

Incursus

Quoting: Titsy
The 1974 Plymouth Duster 360ci did 15.8 stock, but yours will be FAR from stock....

Yeah saw that as well

Chris i have a website that can calculate an estimated 1/4 mile pass using hp/weight

Cool

55starchief

http://robrobinette.com/et.htm\" target=\"_blank\" rel=\"nofollow\">http://robrobinette.com/et.htm

here you go

My poncho weighs in at 3767lbs and acording to the desktop dyno should make 346 hp giving me a 13.49 ET

Jamieg285

No times yet, but desperate to get some.

Pod

My poncho weighs in at 3767lbs

And it hasn't got an engine or box in it yet!

Roadkill

My poncho weighs in at 3767lbs

I thought you said it was over 2 tons ?

The Caddy weighs in at over 5,000lbs !!!

55starchief

Quoting: Pod
And it hasn't got an engine or box in it yet!

Thats the factory ship weight from the owners book

Roadkill

Thats the factory ship weight from the owners book

That's only just over 1.5 tons . . . lightweight.

55starchief

That's only just over 1.5 tons . . . lightweight.

1700kgs mate so its over 1.5 tons, not just over

Roadkill

Still not over 2, though.