Just spoke with a legend

Started by 55starchief, June 22, 2006, 11:30:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

55starchief

As some of you are aware my 55 poncho is nearing completion. I was planning on fitting a TH350 trans but after talking with some guys in the USA have found out that the hydramatic trans the car came with was popular with gassers back in the 60's. I tried calling B&M but they didnt seem interested so a googled trans builders and came across CPT. CPT is owned by art carr a legend in the transmision world. So i call them up and ask for help. The guy who answers the phone was art carr himself so i explain the situation and he is only to happy to help me out. All i can say is this guy is the most helpful person i have ever spoken to. He told me stories about how he used to build these transmsions for 1000hp motors and how they would be stripped after each run. He says that my trans will easily handle the power i have and will work out what parts i need and also a couple of little extras he designed to make these transmisions work.

Roadkill

So my Caddy's tranny . . . .

It's great when Hero's turn out to be cool people.

It doesn't happen often enough.

FUBAR

It's the time that we kill that keeps us alive...

Incursus

55starchief

Quoting: Incursus
big phone bill then?

nope VOIP so a less thsn a penny a min

Vonage 4 teh win !!!!!!11111

HardRockCamaro

I spoke to Dave Crower of Crower Cams a few years ago.
The guy that answered the phone decided I needed to speak to their "expert" who turned out to be Mr Crower himself.

He really knew his stuff (obviously!).

Pod

Quoting: 55starchief
He says that my trans will easily handle the power i have

Must...      resist.....      cheapshot.....

55starchief

Quoting: Pod

Must... resist..... cheapshot.....

Go for it ford boy, will see you on the strip