Wanted - 2nd Gen Camaro/Firebird that's being broken

Started by Jamieg285, June 23, 2006, 06:28:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jamieg285

I'm on the look out for someone that's breaking a 2nd Gen Camaro/Firebird - without T-tops.

The one I did have lined up has fallen through, and I need to find another one.

If you see/hear anything, please let me know.

Roadkill

Quoting: Jamieg285
The one I did have lined up has fallen through

Shame, It seemed perfect, Mate.

Jamieg285

Quoting: Roadkill

Shame, It seemed perfect, Mate.

No, not that one - I'm still getting that one - I need another!!!

I'm actually after part of the roof panel - to fill in the sunroof.

Oz had one, but he part ex'd it.

Roadkill

No, not that one - I'm still getting that one - I need another!!!

You mean THREE second gens ?

Is that other one got a sunroof, then ?

Jamieg285

You mean THREE second gens ?  

No 2 + panel  

Is that other one got a sunroof, then ?

Yep   I figure the best time to fill it in is now, when the car is stripped and being prepped for paint.

Roadkill

I figure the best time to fill it in is now, when the car is stripped and being prepped for paint.

Yep, Definately.

Jamieg285

Mmm, £75 for a panel - sounds over the odds to me?

Opinions?

Roadkill

£75

Not that bad.

Least it won't have any rot to worry about.

. . . .

Jamieg285

That's not new, it's a cut out (And I'd have to do the cutting)

Jamieg285

Not sounding so bad now, the next breakers wants £120

Jamieg285

Bugger - next place has one.  Would have been £50, but he had it on the roof this week to remove the clips, so it's now useless

philoldsmobile

how much curvature is there in it?

the actual value of the steel is virtualy nothing - a sheet of 16g (1.5mm x 2m x 1m) is about £17

asking £120 for that is just insulting..

Pod

I'm looking at getting my sunroof chopped out and replaced too. Won't be until winter time at least though. Having asked around, I think I'll be going for the "sheet bent into shape" option.

Rocky

Doesnt matter how good its cut out as soon as you weld it the roof will warp only way to do it properly is to weld a complete new roof on,If your just going to fill the sunroof with steel you might aswell use a bit of flat steel as Phil said as you will need to coat the whole roof in filler anyway.
have you thought of a t-roof conversion as most are just rivited in place.

Gator

Jamie if you end up with any decent 2nd gen fbird doors that you want rid of ill buy em off you and other bits n bobs you dont want

55starchief

Quoting: Rocky
Doesnt matter how good its cut out as soon as you weld it the roof will warp only way to do it properly is to weld a complete new roof on,

Yup hit the nail on the head here, i tried a chop job on a metro that was going to be scrapped and the panels just warped. Unless you have some one who can TIG the panel in place i would go with the new roof option. The money you save on the roof panel will be eaten up by the bodywork as a roof is a big panel and will show any inperfections.

Rocky

Tig welding wont make any difference im afraid gets even hotter, however it is more controlable but more time consuming