yaaaaay, first mustang "mod"

Started by philoldsmobile, July 11, 2006, 01:57:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

philoldsmobile

chrome inserts on the rear bumper letters...

F Body

Nope still looks like a fraud

Pod

Someone must sell a sticker that says something like "my other car has 8 cylinders"

Looks good. You really need to get a set of the vertical lights though.

nick69

philoldsmobile

Quoting: Pod

yes... yes i do....

FUBAR

It's the time that we kill that keeps us alive...

EDGE

the vertical lights from the states are DIRT cheap...

if you want the japaneese spec ones though... be prepared to spend upwards of £500

all depends if you NEED the amber indicators..

EDGE

ianjpage

Looks nice phil (is it the pic or is the "S" a bit out??)

Quoting: philoldsmobile
Quoting: Pod

yes... yes i do....

Oi stop copying me!!!

Quoting: EDGE
the vertical lights from the states are DIRT cheap...

if you want the japaneese spec ones though... be prepared to spend upwards of £500

all depends if you NEED the amber indicators..

EDGE

hehe exactly why i got mine from the us and am going to have an orange bulb in the red lense hehehehe

philoldsmobile

Quoting: ianjpage
Looks nice phil (is it the pic or is the "S" a bit out??)

reflection mate.. chrome is a PITA to photograph..

ianjpage

Quoting: philoldsmobile
reflection mate.. chrome is a PITA to photograph.

ahh thought as much (and its vinyl init???)

philoldsmobile

ahh thought as much (and its vinyl init???)

yup, very  thick, too

EDGE

hehe exactly why i got mine from the us and am going to have an orange bulb in the red lense hehehehe

true.. and a good idea in theory... i tried that... still flashes red... just not as brightly... tis a right g!t ......

Ive got one of the jap ones here and another im just sorting out in the states now.... ridiculously expensive game this :(

EDGE

ianjpage

true.. and a good idea in theory... i tried that... still flashes red... just not as brightly... tis a right g!t ......

Ive got one of the jap ones here and another im just sorting out in the states now.... ridiculously expensive game this :(

EDGE

LOL yeah but hey im just gunna go with the red then

EDGE

could do... ive just got the reversing lights with orange bulbs and some very sneaky wiring

EDGE

ianjpage

could do... ive just got the reversing lights with orange bulbs and some very sneaky wiring

EDGE

Sneaky wiring - why sneaky wiring.....

EDGE

sneaky wiring because the flasher system wants to flash the 2 brake lights as turn signals, you now have one bulb, hence it flashes to fast...

then you have the fact that they are also the brake lights... which run a bizarre 'break circuit to flash when brake pedal is down' or 'make circuit when pedal is up to flash' .

tis a right royal bastid i tell ya.... ive got wires and resistors all over the place.. it works but im working on a much better way

EDGE

55starchief

sneaky wiring because the flasher system wants to flash the 2 brake lights as turn signals, you now have one bulb, hence it flashes to fast...

Have a look for a no load flasher mate, normaly cost about $15 and designed for LED lights

EDGE

i would do matey, but the flasher unit is part of a biger unit that is used for all sorts of other things....

EDGE

ianjpage

then you have the fact that they are also the brake lights... which run a bizarre 'break circuit to flash when brake pedal is down' or 'make circuit when pedal is up to flash' .

tis a right royal bastid i tell ya.... ive got wires and resistors all over the place.. it works but im working on a much better way

EDGE

Ahh i see - you could have course done it easier way - new wire from brake pedal switch to tail lights = brake light, then just added a hidden bulb away somewhere hehehe

ianjpage

just glad the cobra already been sorted hehe

EDGE

was the cobra a jap one ??? i dont think i've ever seen the back of it

EDGE

ianjpage

was the cobra a jap one ??? i dont think i've ever seen the back of it

EDGE

Yup although not a proper jap i.e. sill got orig mirros and no wheel arch extensions - but the lights are the horizontal slated ones - i.e.

ianjpage

(ps i know thats not the cobra but hey you get the point!)

EDGE

ahh... that could be a whole pain in the ass tryimng to get vertical lights on.. i *think* the wiring is slightly different as there is an extra blub holder on the jap harness.....

EDGE