Pod's mustang

Started by Pod, July 18, 2006, 04:57:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EDGE

the saleen is fine, if someone wants to give me the £500 i need for dyno time to map it then I'll gladly take it to the track... but until I can map it im afraid it's not going anywhere.. I'm not racing it on a base tune, that's just bonehead...

still... i dont mind taking a ribbing from you lot.... good job im not a sensitive type

bring on the summer I say !!

Fieldy

Yeah, I hear ya mike.....

You think thew Saleen will be up and running by next summer do you?

EDGE

p!ss off 6 pot boy........

I just called and booked the MOT for this weekend, just got to try and find the money for the mapping time now

Fieldy

Quoting: EDGE
p!ss off 6 pot boy........

That hurt, but I am in great knowledge, At least mine is on the road

Sorry Pod

EDGE

Quoting: Fieldy
That hurt, but I am in great knowledge, At least mine is on the road

you are learning young grass-hopper..... but still much to learn has you.....

I'll get the saleen mapped soon... then it'll be curtains for the rest of you slow asses.....

Pod

Quoting: Pod
Need new drums now as well...

Drums are on the way and should be delivered Friday, thanks to http://www.waspspeedshop.com/\" target=\"_blank\" rel=\"nofollow\">WASP.
Pushing it a little close, with racing on the Saturday, but it should be fine.
Worst case I'll leave the old ones on and change them when I get back.

EDGE

how bad are they ?

Pod

Not really sure until I see a new one to compare it to.

EDGE

so they're just worn, not actually knackered or anything... ?

Pod

Yeah, just old and rusty (on the outside).
Plus one is silver and one is burnt yellow.

EDGE

Jo

the saleen is fine, if someone wants to give me the £500 i need for dyno time to map it then I'll gladly take it to the track...

Only teasing Edge Lol

EDGE

i know.... but if anyone does have a spare £500

Pod

but if anyone does have a spare £500

But you're thinking of buying Fin's Typhoon?

Hey, why fix one car when you can buy another one?

EDGE

the daily driver pot of money has nothing to do with the toy budget... they are completely seperate and there's no crossover... especially seeing as we've just bought a house, at london prices... i now have a new pot to consider.... not something i'd expect you to understand, especially living out there in the boondocks...

anyways, why im discussing this on here i dont know....

Pod

Ah, don't you just love it when parcels from Summit arrive.

sixpack2639

Ah, don't you just love it when parcels from Summit arrive.

Like chrimbo year round!!!

Pod

Blimey, it's been a while since I posted an update.
Mainly because I haven't done anything...

I've just started taking apart a perfectly working car in order to make it faster.
It's going to take a fair while to finish everything, but I'm taking pictures as I go along and will post them up soon.

Roadkill

I've just started taking apart a perfectly working car in order to make it faster.

Welcome to the family.

Jo

Least things are starting to dissapear out of the house worth the inconvenicence of only having one car on the road.

EDGE

hi pot... this is kettle..... you're black

F Body

I've just started taking apart a perfectly working car to make it go faster

Wouldn't it just be easier and cheaper in the long run to just put a bigger engine in

Pod

A bigger engine, like a 351, would work, but would need a lot of extra stuff to go with it. Not to mention stronger clutch, gearbox and rear end to cope with the extra torque.
So not cheaper, really.

I'm aiming to get another 50hp or so out of the goodies going on. Maybe more.

EDGE

can you not get a stroked/bored 302 out to somewhere near 340something.... that'd be good all round power with the new heads/intake