Main Menu

Incursus's Mustang

Started by Incursus, July 30, 2006, 03:47:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Titsy

Quoting: Roadkill
I was referring to if the rims/tyres physically clashed with the inner arch

I doubt they made more than one chassis for mustangs during that period, so there is no reason why they should...

Roadkill

Quoting: Titsy
no reason why they should...

Agreed . . . but best to make chris aware of the possibility . . .

Incursus

Quoting: Titsy
I doubt they made more than one chassis for mustangs during that period, so there is no reason why they should...

I just wanna be 100% sure they will fit.

Roadkill

As long as the stud PCDs are the same they'll be close enough I'd say.

Incursus

Quoting: Roadkill
As long as the stud PCDs are the same they'll be close enough I'd say.

PCD's are the same, does that statement come with a money back guarantee?  

philoldsmobile

i'm 99% sure  they fit

actualy, there is a 95 V6 in Rushden with 05 wheels on it, so i'd say if the wheels from the totaly new car would fit, the wheels off the facelift SN95 will

it is basicly the same car, just a facelift up to 04, hell, the interiors are virtualy identicle save a couple of changes around the shifter

Roadkill

Quoting: Incursus
does that statement come with a money back guarantee?

I'll done make 'em fit, boy !

(Love that smiley)

Incursus

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=160118711181&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=006

4 used Mustang 2000 G.T. 17" Alloys and tyres excellent condition .No curb marks or laquer peel on wheels. 2 Tyres are 255/40/17 (rear) and the other 2 are 235/45/17 all tyres have at least 4mm tread depth Tyres are Michelin Pilot ZR

Mine  

sixpack2639

How are you gonna lower it and add 17" wheels???

Or the bigger question is WHY?!?!

Incursus

Because at the moment it looks like it has an allergic reaction to the ground.

Changing to 17" wheels will make very little difference to the rolling radius of the wheels.

Trust me it will look much better

Roadkill

Quoting: sixpack2639
Or the bigger question is WHY?!?!

Yeah.

a) It's a V6 and,
b) It's a Ford !

sixpack2639

How low are you planning to go?

I LMAO at the chavs here that lower their cars so much they get hung up on the speed bumps in car parks.

Incursus

1.5 inch all round. Probably still wont be as low as a stock Mustang GT.  The V6's are just really high for some reason

art b

The V6's are just really high for some reason

because they have a likkle engine............
This forum needs, ''YOU'' posting,Not just reading ! :moon:

sixpack2639

I know art was jokeing but he's actually right. (that's a first)

I do believe they used the same springs in the V6's as the V8's so they are gonna set higher because of the difference in weight.

F Body

Quoting: sixpack2639
I know art was jokeing but he's actually right. (that's a first)

Well done little Fella

philoldsmobile

mine actualy sits arse high, but simply fitting the new wheels has visualy lowerd the car, despite them having the same rolling radius..

Titsy

Quoting: philoldsmobile
mine actualy sits arse high, but simply fitting the new wheels has visualy lowerd the car, despite them having the same rolling radius..

Optical elusion sort of thing....

philoldsmobile

Incursus

Well so far the business ends of my new exhaust has arrived (shiny thangs) and the new shocks.  Big to Carl

Rest of the Exhaust and Springs to come and then hopefully get it all fitted for The Show

F Body

Rest of the Exhaust and Springs to come and then hopefully get it all fitted for The Show

Should be looking sweet

Incursus

Thanks to help from Titsy and Roadkill.....

...Mustang has a shiny new exhaust  

Incursus

Incursus

http://s21.photobucket.com/albums/b296/incursuspics/1996%20Mustang/?action=view&current=Muz007.flv\" target=\"_blank\" rel=\"nofollow\">

Much better.  Still missing a couple of cylinders though

Oh and Philo at 70mph I reckon its even quieter than stock!

F Body

Oh and Philo at 70mph I reckon its even quieter than stock!

Sounds very quiet

On the A12 this afternoon were were passed by some tricked up Marcos, all carbon fibre spilters front and rear and a mouseive rear wing, but I have to say it was the loudest road car I've ever heard
We were doing 75mph in the Panda and as it disappeared into the distance about 1/2 mile in front you could still here it