The Most Instantly Recognisable car

Started by ianjpage, July 31, 2006, 05:32:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ianjpage

OK leading on from a post earlier....what do you class as the most "recognisable" car.....and just for fairness lets stick to Yanks!

I would say either the new SN95 shape mustangs or a nice 50's Bel air

Jamieg285

Roadkill

'59 Caddy Coupe DeVille

or

'57 Chevy Bel Air

Incursus

Do you mean recognisable as is joe blogs knows what the car is rather than oh look an american car...is it the general lee?

Jamieg285

Quoting: Incursus
is it the general lee?

I was just about to add Dodge Charger (67-69?)

ianjpage

Quoting: Incursus

Do you mean recognisable as is joe blogs knows what the car is rather than oh look an american car...is it the general lee?

OK... i would mean a car that from a distance you could easily tell what car it is i.e. instantly able to recognise what car it is (not necisarily due to the paint / colour etc but the car itself - i.e. shape, body style etc)

Roadkill

Jamieg285

Still stick by my 2 suggestions (although Fbird could be confused for Camaro from a distance)

sixpack2639

I have to agree with Dean (Roadkill), 1957 Chevy and 1959 Caddie. There's just something about those tail fins....

Incursus

From a distance myself, 58-59 caddy (probably the only 50's cars I would recognise instanlty), 68-69 Charger, 72 cudas, most of the firebirds, 3rd & 4th gen 'maros.

ianjpage

Quoting: sixpack2639
There's just something about those tail fins....

Oh yeah definately cant miss em!

55starchief

The edsel would be pretty high up on the list or a nash both very distinguishable cars and both uber ugly

ianjpage

Quoting: 55starchief
The edsel would be pretty high up on the list or a nash both very distinguishable cars and both uber ugly

Interesting to see that some of the most ugly cars are indeed the most recognisable!!

Titsy

Quoting: ianjpage
able to recognise what car it is

Has to be a Hummer, There is NO mistaking it.....

ianjpage

Goatman

I'm surprised no one mentioned the Corvette.

HardRockCamaro

Early 60s Cadilac Coupe DeVille.
Can't mistake those tailfins, the chrome and the sheer size of it for anything but an american car.

ianjpage

Quoting: Goatman
I'm surprised no one mentioned the Corvette.

Hmm cetain ones are very recognisable, others i aint so sure on....

F Body