Some people amaze me ?

Started by F Body, August 02, 2006, 04:01:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

F Body

Just had a largish black man knock on the door asking for help with a punture.
He say's " Oh I've seen you working on your car's and wondered if you can help me ? "
Fair enough I ain't exactly busy, he has an X reg BMW 316 which has a flat offside rear tyre.
Do you need a jack ? No mate I can't find the key for the security bolt on the alloy wheel.
I have a quick gander and it's like a star type socket , I also notice that all the tyres are racing slicks.
Find my metric allen keys but it's in between sizes, empty the tool kit out of the GMC boot to find my english set and the largest isn't big enough.
Also noticed that the tax expired in April this year , searched the garage to find my star sockets but again the largest isn't big enough.
So tell's my new friend that if he goes down to Halfrauds they should be able to sort him out.
Oh he say's I haven't got time for that, can you lend me some grips and a hammer so that at home I can try to hammer it off ?
Never seen him before or the car so there was no way I was lending him jack shite
So apart from no tax, bald tyres and the other three alloys only having three wheel nuts out of five in, it was a good car

FUBAR

So just slightly illegal then...

who's to say its even his car... "can't find" the security bolt might mean its at the owners house...   you never know
It's the time that we kill that keeps us alive...

F Body

Quoting: FUBAR
who's to say its even his car... "can't find" the security bolt might mean its at the owners house... you never know

Yep fair point hadn't thought of that one

ianjpage

Hmm sounds nice and illegal then!!!

Roadkill

Give the old bill a ring, Mate.

Giblets

Thats why BMW's of a certain age are best avoided.

Once they get cheap enough for idiots like him to buy, they inevitably get abused and ran into the ground without servicing.

Driving past the local yardie pub in Hitchin at night, all you can see through the plumes of weed smoke are knackered E36 3 Series smoking more than their owners......

sixpack2639

I used to have a couple of large decals stuck to my tool box that were put out by Snap-On tools years ago. Just checked their web site and apparently they don't sell em any more but the stated plain.......

SNAP-ON, THE TOOLS I OWN, NOT LOAN!

And i'd still have idiots on the job site ask to borrow my tools.  Now, if I don't like to loan my tools to anyone I work with, I sure as hell ain't gonna loan em to some w*nker off the street!

All that to say this.....

You done the right thing mate. It's likely you'd have never seen your tools again.

Goatman

Quoting: sixpack2639
You done the right thing mate. It's likely you'd have never seen your tools again.
Precisely. Sounds like a shady character from the get go.

philoldsmobile

ya know what makes me laugh?

in the us, a thirdgen camaro is a redneck car, but here its an enthusiasts car.. over here, an old BMW E36 is just a redneck runabout, in the US its prestige!!

sixpack2639

Quoting: philoldsmobile
in the us, a thirdgen camaro is a redneck car, but here its an enthusiasts car.. over here, an old BMW E36 is just a redneck runabout, in the US its prestige!!

You may be right about the 3rd gen Camaro part there Philo and as a Redneck myself, i'd be PROUD to own one, but from what i've seen over here mostly Chavs and Blacks have BMW's.

Over here, BMW = Black Mans Wish.

55starchief

in the us, a thirdgen camaro is a redneck car, but here its an enthusiasts car

Goatman

I look at BMW owners here as yuppie pr1cks. The only ones I would want is an M5, M6, or a 7 Series. Since those are so far out of my price range, it'll never happen.

ianjpage

in the us, a thirdgen camaro is a redneck car, but here its an enthusiasts car

I thoguht it was every girls dream car