HELP - Missing timing pointer woes

Started by Finlay, August 06, 2006, 09:12:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Finlay

Timing is the bain of my life....

My 350 GM engine is running the old stock Harmanic balancer off my old 1986 305 LG4 Block... (the new one I got was machined incorrectly so we slapped the old one on)

The timing pointer on the new engine is in totaly the wrong place for the timing mark.....

Can any one remember if the timing pointer on the LG4 (Carbed 80's F bodys) was in the 10 o'clock position..not the 2 oclock position as normal.

Also if any one has this set up can you try and email me a picture of it (None on the web Ive looked)

sales@asoundsolution.co.uk

Cheers
Fin

FUBAR

I have an LG4'd car sitting in the Garage over the road, gimme 10 mins Fin i'll go have a butchers
It's the time that we kill that keeps us alive...

FUBAR

here you go m8, its at 12 o'clock, right at the top:

Finlay

COOL Your a star..... Thats solved the mistery

Now if I remember right its stock OEM position in 0 deg advanced???

But I need to run about 12 Deg...at a guess

FUBAR

Quoting: Finlay
Now if I remember right its stock OEM position in 0 deg advanced???

Correct-a-mundo thats Base timing, after that the computer does the the rest.

Finlay

Thanks mate,
Fitted a new Dizzy today (one Im selling on ebay), the one I had was the Cheapest Accl one from Jegs a few years ago (8000 miles) Its falling to bits inside and was a cast one out of monkey metal...

The Billet one is soo much better built

BUT Ive still got a fuel starvation problem, Even with the race pump I can not get the fuel into the carb fast enough so got to get me some bigger ball cocks for the float chambers (edelbrock 1466)

So hopefully I might have her running right soon.....

Just in time for a winter project.......................................

TWIN TURBO's this year   I'll never learn..lol

ianjpage

TWIN TURBO's this year I'll never learn..lol

Hmm i can see a repeat of last time you tried to power up the engine....lol

BANG!!!!

55starchief

BUT Ive still got a fuel starvation problem, Even with the race pump I can not get the fuel into the carb fast enough so got to get me some bigger ball cocks for the float chambers (edelbrock 1466)

What size fuel pipe you running mate? For a performance motor you need -8 from the tank to the pump and pump to regulator then -6 from the regulator to the carb

Finlay

Pushing the limits as usual

Plenty of fuel gets to the regulator whish is mouted on the carb. But after the regulator the 5.5psi that carb can handle is just not letting the fuel get in fast enough

It seams to be a common problem with the 1405 Performer Carb.... on mildly performance 350s and above

55starchief

Need to get a proper carb mate

Demon for teh win

Pod

I won't hold my breath waiting for your time slip then...

Finlay

Just waiting on a small bit from the states Mr Pod....then I can run her out of tune just to see what me starting point is.... Anyway  I only need one run to kick ya ford ass, best I give you all year to practice..lol