would you report it or not?

Started by philoldsmobile, September 02, 2006, 06:44:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

philoldsmobile

My next door neighbour has a vauxhall omega estate that he bought from one of those 'finace anyone' type companies..

as it is not paid off, the car is still owned by the company, as he is delcairing himself bankrupt, the car was supposed to go back to the finance company..

however..... it was broken into some time ago, and now sits outside with a broken window, in the road (his other car is on his drive) taking very valuable parking space,  (we are in a cul-de-sac, so space is at a premium on the road)

the road tax expired over a year ago although it was in use untill a few months ago..

the question is..... would you report it to DVLA to get it removed? the guy has enough on his plate as it is, but its not very nice to have a car parked outside with no tax and a missing window, especialy as its taking up space where a legitimate taxed insured vehicle could be parked..

Rocky

Phone them why should everyone else have to pay and not him.

philoldsmobile

hmm, thats what i'm thinking... his other car is untaxed too...

F Body

Sell his ass, especially as the Guy's a complete Toss Pot

Did he ever repay the money he owed you ?

sixpack2639

Drop a dime on his ass! Given half a chance you can bet he'd do it to you!! Hows that commandment go....."Do unto others before they do unto you".

FUBAR

Quoting: sixpack2639
"Do unto others before they do unto you".

Will have to remember that one...
It's the time that we kill that keeps us alive...

philoldsmobile

Quoting: F Body
Did he ever repay the money he owed you ?

nope.. basicly its £300 i have had to write off...  

Rocky

I got some guys that will get it for you, My uncle went all the way back to the states just to get $6 someone owed him, Its the princible.

EDGE

kick his ass sea bass......

i HATE untaxed vehicles... report the fooker now... so much for the DVLA computer database of spoinkiness

you cant hide.. they'll find you... they only have to look on thier computer....... unless you're in Bedford then you can do what the f**k you want

EDGE

philoldsmobile

seems that way....

his most recent road tax was from march, on his astra..

Jamieg285

I would, and have before.  I went to the local cop shop about it.

EDGE

the council here will remove any untaxed vehicle on the spot and impound it... then after 21 days... crush it !!!!

EDGE

ianjpage

I wouldn't even think about it - just do it - he messed you around before and obviously dont give a damn!

Pod

Take photo's of it, missing tax disc. Post all over internet.
Report it.
Take photo's of the car being taken away. Post all over internet.
Get a warm fuzzy feeling next time you cough up for your tax disc.

Ponti

Quoting: Pod
Take photo's of it, missing tax disc. Post all over internet.
Report it.
Take photo's of the car being taken away. Post all over internet.
Get a warm fuzzy feeling next time you cough up for your tax disc.

Lusty Lass

Suppose you could always mention it to this bod to remove it. Although I must admit that if he doesn't then he will know who has called the DVLA if you decide to go down that route.