started applising.......

Started by philoldsmobile, September 02, 2006, 03:09:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

philoldsmobile

in readiness for buying a mac mini, i bought a mac keyboard for the PC..

maaaaaan, these things are gorgeous! the quality is simply on another level..

55starchief

Quoting: philoldsmobile

Welcome to the darkside matey

ianjpage

Quoting: philoldsmobile

maaaaaan, these things are gorgeous! the quality is simply on another level..

Noooooooooooo he is surcumbing to the dark side

philoldsmobile

not the first time this year, eh ian!!!!!

sixpack2639

Quite honestly I have never seen a Mac. How are they soooooooooo different from a PC??????

Cunning Plan

Quoting: sixpack2639
Quite honestly I have never seen a Mac. How are they soooooooooo different from a PC??????

They are annoying as they think giving you more flexability means taking away easy short cuts and the right mouse button..  basically you have to sit there with your hand on the KB and on mouse and not move..  But you can get a 2 buttoned mouse.  I find them fustrating, they have good ideas for design, but for the money you could get a better PC.  Some Macs are using intel chips now anyway

The design and looks are better, thinking about saving space/ease of setup etc - but most PCs do the same now anyway.  The operating system is different too, much less files and tabs replaced with more icons - once you know your way around i guess its easier
1968 VW T2 Bay Bus (currently being restored and upgraded)
1999 Jeep Cherokee XJ (modern classic daily driver)

55starchief

Quoting: Cunning Plan
They are annoying as they think giving you more flexability means taking away easy short cuts and the right mouse button.. basically you have to sit there with your hand on the KB and on mouse and not move.. But you can get a 2 buttoned mouse. I find them fustrating, they have good ideas for design, but for the money you could get a better PC. Some Macs are using intel chips now anyway

The design and looks are better, thinking about saving space/ease of setup etc - but most PCs do the same now anyway. The operating system is different too, much less files and tabs replaced with more icons - once you know your way around i guess its easier

Lets face facts the PC tries to be what the MAC is. The whole windows concept is a rip off of the MAC OS only the mac works. I hate working on a PC it sucks monkey balls as it just doesnt work. Unless you want to play games the MAC wins every time. And the old crap of left right mouse is not a valid argument. If the program is design properly you dot need 2 buttons hell the only reason the PC has 2 buttons is so you can jerk off with the free hand the MAC will work with what ever mouse you put on it no matter if it has 1 or 50 buttons as its intuative.

philoldsmobile

the software simly seems to work better, plus there is only a small fraction of the number of viruses for macs against pc's and they seem to run quicker at lower clock speeds and ram

Cunning Plan

Count
Quoting: 55starchief

They are annoying as they think giving you more flexability means taking away easy short cuts and the right mouse button.. basically you have to sit there with your hand on the KB and on mouse and not move.. But you can get a 2 buttoned mouse. I find them fustrating, they have good ideas for design, but for the money you could get a better PC. Some Macs are using intel chips now anyway

The design and looks are better, thinking about saving space/ease of setup etc - but most PCs do the same now anyway. The operating system is different too, much less files and tabs replaced with more icons - once you know your way around i guess its easier

Lets face facts the PC tries to be what the MAC is. The whole windows concept is a rip off of the MAC OS only the mac works. I hate working on a PC it sucks monkey balls as it just doesnt work. Unless you want to play games the MAC wins every time. And the old crap of left right mouse is not a valid argument. If the program is design properly you dot need 2 buttons hell the only reason the PC has 2 buttons is so you can jerk off with the free hand the MAC will work with what ever mouse you put on it no matter if it has 1 or 50 buttons as its intuative.

Couldnt say about the OS systems.  I just about remember win95, since then windows stayed the same format just got easier to use IMHO...  

2 buttons, try saving an image from the browser without touching the keyboard or dragging it into PS - you still havent saved it you just opened it in another program..  im using OS 9 so you may be able to in X idk..

PCs are way more customisable and cheaper to upgrade

I use them both, but i prefer using PCs - if Macs win at everything else but games, why is everyone using a PC apart from graphic designers?

philoldsmobile

if Macs win at everything else but games, why is everyone using a PC apart from graphic designers?

simple......

if a company made a car that was better at absolutely everything, green, reliable, fast, economical, but only ran on 5% of the UK's roads, how many do you think they would sell?

Cunning Plan

There has to be a reason that the roads werent built for that 5%

haha we had to get a car analogy in there somewhere

55starchief

PCs are way more customisable and cheaper to upgrade

And thats the problem, it doesnt work. The mac only uses trusted suppliers meaning that some crap graphics card wont crash the OS. Whe was the last time you installed an OS that made the machine runn quicker. Windozzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz gets bigger everytime and uses up more resources hell windows XP is nothing more thasn a re labeled windows NT

And as for saving a picture you can either hold the mouse down and it opens the other controls or just touch the control key. Exactly what are you doing with that other hand that you cant touch the keyboard?

Cunning Plan

And thats the problem, it doesnt work. The mac only uses trusted suppliers meaning that some crap graphics card wont crash the OS.

Just sounds like brand monopoly to me..  Its not always the original manufacturers that have the best improvements - just like with cars.

Windozzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz gets bigger everytime and uses up more resources hell windows XP is nothing more thasn a re labeled windows NT

But thats better that they keep updating it for free rather than having to buy a new OS everytime - its a given that everyone will have to upgrade for 64bit (if it ever comes out) I agree it does slow the system down, but you just buy cheap upgrades

And as for saving a picture you can either hold the mouse down and it opens the other controls or just touch the control key.

Mine doesnt do that -is it an option or something you have to turn on?

Exactly what are you doing with that other hand that you cant touch the keyboard?

I hope your not implying what I think you are just becuase I think PCs are better than Macs

Pod

The mac only uses trusted suppliers meaning that some crap graphics card wont crash the OS

That is a large part of the reason for the better reliability and compatibility.
However, if Apple ever gets a big enough share of the market, that will all go out of the window as that only works while they are a niche market.

That's also why (big) businesses stick to a fixed spec PC for everything. They may not be the quickest or even cheapest, but they will work.

sixpack2639

Sorry I asked.

I didn't mean to start a pissin match between Mac & PC users. LOL

I think i'll stick with me PC.

55starchief

Quoting: sixpack2639
I didn't mean to start a pissin match between Mac & PC users. LOL

Its the same as the ford chevy debate mate

Incursus

PC works for me as I play games...simple.