damn kids......

Started by philoldsmobile, September 08, 2006, 01:45:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

philoldsmobile

got home from work today, and was on the bike due to the weather...

a neighbour kit comes over and says hi (he's about 8) and i say, "dont touch anything, its really hot"

"which bit?" he asks

"all of it, ESPECIALY the silver bit (exhaust)" so what does he do?  sticks his hands straight onto the exhaust pipe...

no serious injury, and his dad saw the whole thing and was fine about it (as he said, i did tell him not to touch it!!)  just some rather red looking hands, after a couple of mins under the cold tap, there was no sign  of and notable burns or blisters..

be he doesn't do it again!!

Incursus

well thats how kids learn.

FUBAR

Quoting: Incursus

Indeed, he should have listened though!
It's the time that we kill that keeps us alive...

F Body

Quoting: Incursus

Err no they usually have do it three times !

Well mine seem to

ianjpage

lol typical kid - worse thing to say is DONT do it..........

Roadkill

F**king muppets.

Thank God they're all back at school, now.

Keep the little $hitters off the streets during the day . . .

FUBAR

Quoting: Roadkill
Keep the little $hitters off the streets during the day . . .

. . . Stealing Valve Caps

Roadkill

Quoting: FUBAR
. . . Stealing Valve Caps

Indeed.

Been thinking of getting some more, then rigging up a camera from the PC . . . .

FUBAR

Been thinking of getting some more, then rigging up a camera from the PC . . . .

Yeah that'd work

Roadkill

Yeah that'd work

T'is just the hassle and cost of doing it . . . . . makes you think "Why should I have to ?"

FUBAR

T'is just the hassle and cost of doing it . . . . . makes you think "Why should I have to ?"

Indeed, its probably cheaper to buy 20 sets of the things, and just keep replacing them, that way eventually you'd saturate the market and they wouldn't get nicked anymore...

I still think they should sell them in bags of 100.

Roadkill

its probably cheaper to buy 20 sets of the things, and just keep replacing them, that way eventually you'd saturate the market and they wouldn't get nicked anymore...

That was kind of the approach I was gonna end up going for . . . . also it increases the chance of myself/other people catching them in the act.

x10

Roadkill

But I'm eyeing up a new set on ebay, same as what I had . . . . .

55starchief

I still think they should sell them in bags of 100.

I can sell you a box of 100 metal caps if you want for £15 have about 2000 on the shelf

55starchief

FUBAR

yeah thats kinda cool not compatible with standard fittings though like the Petrol Station air machine i'd imagine

55starchief

yeah thats kinda cool not compatible with standard fittings though like the Petrol Station air machine i'd imagine

Yup, you thread the adaptor in mate

EDGE

I had some of those once... they always let air out, maybe 2 or 3 psi per fortnight.. they just leaked ever so slightly...

looks awesome though...

EDGE

55starchief

Quoting: EDGE

I had some of those once... they always let air out, maybe 2 or 3 psi per fortnight.. they just leaked ever so slightly...

Yeah they have to be installed real well, my boss had them on his cossie and never had a problem but another mate of mine had a small leak same as you. Either way it stops the thieveing kids having the caps away

philoldsmobile

i got fed up with constantly replacing them, and now just have regualr ones on anything thats not left in the garage at night..