Skint again.

Started by F Body, September 09, 2006, 11:33:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

F Body

No nothing exciting like another car or shiney bits I'm afraid, but a fridge freezer
Our's deceased on Monday after only 3 years and 1 month , it was an Electrolux  that cost £468
Didn't bother with the extra warranty because the one we replaced was a Zanussi, 18 years old and still going strong, we just needed something bigger ( read Beer capacity ).
After spending the last week searching the internet without much luck , we have just got back from John Lewis in Watford where we bought a Bosch.
Same size as the Electrolux but with a digital readout, 5 year warranty inc parts & labour, free delivery , £15 to take the old one away ( the council want £20 ) delivered on Wednesday for £439 !

John Lewis for the win

sixpack2639

Nothing is made to last anymore mate! I hate buying new appliances as you know they'll not last as long as what they're replacing. Had to buy a new deep freeze about 3 years ago to replace one 33 years old. Don't expect the new one to last more than a few more years and thats if i'm lucky!!

philoldsmobile

true, but you gotta remember that by comparrison, they are so much cheaper now than they were 18 years ago that it kinda balances out...

Roadkill

Quoting: F Body
Skint again

Ditto.

What with the Chav'scorts MoT, Tax AND Insurance (£400+ all in) all within a week of each other and over £100 so far in vets bills (and another £200 tonight) plus £170 to hire a skip to clear the back garden . . . .

Yeah.  Bad month.

Pod

Quoting: Roadkill
hire a skip to clear the back garden

I thought we did a pretty good job of that at the bbq.

Roadkill

Quoting: Pod
I thought we did a pretty good job of that at the bbq.

If only you could Burn mud . . . .

. . . . . . and concrete . . . . .