Oh how things change

Started by FUBAR, December 08, 2005, 02:05:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FUBAR

People people people...

I joined up in April 2005 to find a happy, helpful, friendly club that welcomed me with open arms & this TBH has kept me sane while dealing with what has turned out to be a fairly unreliable car for my first year of Yank ownership. This has been fantastic & for that I can't thank the club members (& now ex-members) & friends more,
It's the time that we kill that keeps us alive...

FUBAR

It's such a shame to see that this club is destroying the faith of so many of its devoted members since the end of the show season, at first, not knowing the scene very well as a newbie I tried to dismiss this slump as just a dip in feelings because the shiny times were over for another 6 months but it seems to have deepened in severity since then, 1/2 the club's senior & founding members have left for reasons I don't really want to get involved in, but more concerning is the fact that since then it seems like the life has been ground out of the place, have you lot not noticed the distinct fall in forum traffic?? This forum was, for me the face of the club & it seems to be melting quickly into a non-recognizable mush like an overheated model at Madame Tussauds.

I've had a great summer guys, one that I will never forget but I fear that it will be unique in my memory, certainly from an AACI point of view, the true friendships I've made this year will live on I've no doubt of that, but the wider community spirit & atmos. is dissipating fast.

FUBAR

This damn forum can;t take such long posts!!! things only used to one liners!!!

on here for when it gets moderated by the AACI Forum Police

55starchief

Roadkill

You know what I Think . . .

Roadkill

As posted on M2M (For those who Don't visit the AACI Forum anymore.)

Quoting: Roadkill
RebelV8 Isn't the only other "Alternative", now though.

This isn't mean't to be a dig or anything (honest) but After the abuse the members in the MK & Beds section received (directly and worst of all indirectly) we found the need to create our own forum.
This is obviously small compared to it's "Bigger Sister" site, but grows rapidly (at very little cost).

It's hard to admit, as I wouldn't have believed it a year or even 3 Months ago, but I spend much more most of my time there now.
As does most of the MK & Beds lot.

I see people leaving here - people who I would call recent "Friends" and I feel a little sad.
Remember this isn't mean't as a dig but I don't feel as comfortable here anymore (I'm still here though)

Our Forum was originally aimed at MKB Members for relavent matters but has provided a happy platform for all sorts of Banter and general Discussion . . . and without concern of upsetting anyone.

We discussed the "requirements" and built our Site and Forum to suit.

Everyday we discuss Improvements and additions and refuse to stand still. We evolve.

The AACI as a club is still quite young and I'll admit myself (as with others) hold concerns with the future of the forum.
Especially as it seems to be the same problems keep getting thrown up again and again . . . . .

Don't ask me where this is going - F*ck knows to be honest, I just think a thorough discussion needs to take place over the direction the Forum (/club ?) takes . . . . . as I've mentioned before.

Roadkill

Followed by

Although this is (obviously) an American Auto owners Forum for most of us (I Don't think it's unfair to say) we also enjoy the Life that goes with it.

Yeah, That includes our differing music tastes, Senses of Humour etc . . .

I Love Yank motors, I (currently) own two but I (as I think most of us) DO NOT want to talk about them all day, constantly.

Yes this is a American Auto owners Club - but that ain't all we're talking about is it ?

I Don't think it's unreasonable to assume that, in fact, most of the traffic on this Forum is actually "Regulars" talking about utter crap.

Nothing to do with Yank Motors, but enjoyable all the same.

FUBAR

FUBAR

when a certain person gets online mine will get moved & i'll hear "You got Mail" coming from my PC

EDGE

lol... anyone in particular ?

EDGE

Roadkill

Yer still there at the moment, Mate . . . . Unfortunately it's gone O.T . . .

FUBAR

Lol I didn't notice you're "after a few beers" bit until this morning Dean

I turn into a novellist after a few beers... after a lot of beers i'm not much use tho unfortunatly.

Roadkill

Ah, Fine line eh ?  As with myself and many other fine artists . . .

FUBAR

The same applies to Pool...

Roadkill

Now you're just making excuses.

55starchief

How strange for a post to go off topic on the AACI

Roadkill

I Think it's a subtle way of not confronting the problem . . .

55starchief

I Think it's a subtle way of not confronting the problem . . .

What change the subject and hope it goes away

Roadkill

Excactly . . . . Nice weather we're having . . .

Incursus

You know this is probably just a winter thing people are bored etc..

Roadkill

I Think that doesn't help - but even so . . . .

55starchief

Quoting: incursus
You know this is probably just a winter thing people are bored etc..

your luck im not a mod otherwise that post would have been deleted

art b

well from experiance i find that as ya get older ya have more tolerance,
and dont need to get so hot under the collar,
mainly because ya will never change the world afterall

with regards to car clubs;
i think that ya will find, that most people have got the winter blues.
and have to many spare hours to sit on computers  

come the spring when our  cars are running and were out meetin people we wont be making petty gripes seem like the nato summit,

every one needs to step back and put things into perspective,
and stop falling out wiff  people that they were quite happy with during the summer,
forums are not real life just a small window into a hobby!
This forum needs, ''YOU'' posting,Not just reading ! :moon:

Incursus

Quoting: art b
forums are not real life

I don't understand

Roadkill

I Don't know, Since you've had the Moderator Chip installed in your brain You've become far more sensible, Art.

I Remember a time when you used to have a moan too . . .