Forum Suggestion ?

Started by F Body, October 05, 2006, 07:43:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

F Body

Why not have the new topic forum box default to General Banter ?
It has to be the most popular forum and if anybody ( yes I mean me ) forgets to change it it doesn't end up in official news

55starchief

Quoting: F Body
It has to be the most popular forum and if anybody ( yes I mean me ) forgets to change it it doesn't end up in offical news

Thats one for jamie mate, i think it just goes to the top of the list. But dont worry i move your threads to the right section anyways

55starchief

also shouldnt this be in the sugestion section

F Body

Quoting: 55starchief
also shouldnt this be in the sugestion section

See what I mean ?????

Jamieg285

G is right, the drop box is in the same order as the forum, which means you'd have to change the order of them, but I think that News sould be at the top.

I may be able to <shudder> Hardcode something in so that it defaults to Banter.  Give me a bit of time.

Jamieg285

Alternatively, go to the forum that you want to post in (like the old days) and then click new post.

FUBAR

Quoting: Jamieg285
Alternatively, go to the forum that you want to post in (like the old days) and then click new post.

thats what i do
It's the time that we kill that keeps us alive...

HardRockCamaro

I agree with FBody.

I HATE HATE HATE the fact that the default is the news forum.
Because, obviously, I don't have access to it so when I fill in a post and submit it it tells me I can't post there.  When I click back to choose the correct forum the POST button is greyed out.  So I have to click refresh and re-enter my post from scratch.

Jamieg285

Quoting: HardRockCamaro
I HATE HATE HATE the fact that the default is the news forum.
Because, obviously, I don't have access to it so when I fill in a post and submit it it tells me I can't post there. When I click back to choose the correct forum the POST button is greyed out. So I have to click refresh and re-enter my post from scratch.

I wasn't aware of this.  It gives me more reason to sort it out. (The other alternative is to remove the 'quick new post' option from the page.

Roadkill

Quoting: Jamieg285

Quoting: FUBAR
thats what i do

Ditto.

I dunno . . . Always one causing trouble.

EDIT - Two, HRC.

55starchief

Baz is another who manages to post in the wrong section, so i guess it is a problem

F Body

Roadkill

Yeah but you're a Mod so you should know better.

MaryAnn

I have a suggestion..... Keep Graeme here!! He's pi$$ing me off on another site!!!:

55starchief

Quoting: MaryAnn
I have a suggestion..... Keep Graeme here!! He's pi$$ing me off on another site!!!

Incursus

I have a suggestion..... Keep Graeme here!! He's pi$$ing me off on another site!!!

Nah, we don't want him either

Roadkill

Quoting: Incursus
Nah, we don't want him either

ianjpage

I have a suggestion..... Keep Graeme here!! He's pi$$ing me off on another site!!!:

55starchief

She was in a pissie mood as i started a thread trying to ban smilies from the instant chat box she was more happy the next day so i figured she got some the night before, now shes pissed cause i bought a 1977 T/A

ianjpage

She was in a pissie mood as i started a thread trying to ban smilies from the instant chat box she was more happy the next day so i figured she got some the night before, now shes pissed cause i bought a 1977 T/A

Ahh right you in a wind up merchant modd then i take it!!

55starchief

Quoting: ianjpage
Ahh right you in a wind up merchant modd then i take it!!

yeah i edited a post she made and inserted [you have exceeded your monthly allowance of smilies]

ianjpage

yeah i edited a post she made and inserted [you have exceeded your monthly allowance of smilies]

Hmm abuse of admin rights there then

55starchief

Hmm abuse of admin rights there then

nah im only a mod on PZ

ianjpage

nah im only a mod on PZ

OK OK an abuse of Moderator rights then

55starchief

OK OK an abuse of Moderator rights then