ianjpage

Roadkill

Uber cool.

Must take some patience building that.

ianjpage

Quoting: Roadkill
Uber cool.

Must take some patience building that.

Yeah and there were about 3 of them along the beach front each about the same size....not surprisingly they have someone there all the time, day & night to protect them!!!

Roadkill

Quoting: ianjpage
not surprisingly they have someone there all the time, day & night to protect them!!!

Really ?

Obviously they're prime for "vandalism" but, like chalk drawings on a pavement, I'd have thought the builder would understand that it's life is exceedingly limited.

ianjpage

Quoting: Roadkill
Really ?

Obviously they're prime for "vandalism" but, like chalk drawings on a pavement, I'd have thought the builder would understand that it's life is exceedingly limited.

Yup we went for a walk about 1-2am and people were there with genny's and lights still sat there protecting their work!!!

I think the expencancy is definately limited, but i would imagine they make a fair bit of cash out of them (all the sculptures had multiple donation bins around them!!)

Jamieg285

I'll try and get some pics from the beach were my sister is in Fuertavenura when we go over in November. Makes those look basic.

Might even have some pics from the last vist.

ianjpage

Quoting: Jamieg285
I'll try and get some pics from the beach were my sister is in Fuertavenura when we go over in November. Makes those look basic.

kewl i take it they a bit more elaborate then??

FUBAR

I'd love to see someone build Minath Tirith from the LOTR films from Sand, that would be cool.

It's the time that we kill that keeps us alive...

ianjpage

Incursus

Quoting: FUBAR

I'd love to see someone build Minath Tirith from the LOTR films from Sand, that would be cool.

I have that model

Roadkill

all the sculptures had multiple donation bins around them!!

Ahh, that explains everything.

Pod

all the sculptures had multiple donation bins around them!!

Either that or they were just discarded buckets.

they have someone there all the time, day & night to protect them

I can just imagine them shouting at the tide: "Back! I command you!"

ianjpage

Quoting: Pod

Either that or they were just discarded buckets.

Nah they were defo donation buckets......phil even chucked some change into one of em!!

Quoting: Pod

I can just imagine them shouting at the tide: "Back! I command you!"

Yuo aint wrong - the tide was only about 4-5ft from one of em at one point

55starchief

Nah they were defo donation buckets......phil even chucked some change into one of em!!

that must of looked like him paying his rent