TVR quits UK !

Started by F Body, October 18, 2006, 12:27:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

F Body

FUBAR

Quoting: F Body
I think this could be the begining of the end for TVR

That would be a shame, I like TVR.
It's the time that we kill that keeps us alive...

FUBAR

Oh, and not the Tequila, Vodka, Red Bull variety either... although thats not bad...

F Body

I think what stuffed them in the first place was their refusal to consider fitting ABS , Air Bags & Traction control etc even as an option ?
A large proportion of Morgan customers opt for ABS & twin air bags in a wooden car

55starchief

Well i guess it was on the cards from the day it was sold. On the plus side i guess there might be a off shoot of TVR designers building their own vehicles

ianjpage

Shame to hear another UK car builder going outside uk!!

Roadkill

Produced some nice looking motors . . . . Seems to be the way of car companies, now - make 'em as cheap as possible.

FUBAR

Quoting: Roadkill
Seems to be the way of car companies, now - make 'em as cheap as possible.

There's no enjoyment left in normal motoring now though, for the most part its traffic queues and speed cameras, 99% of cars on the road are just A to B boxes with wheels, so why make cars that people can take pride in if they don't care...
Although I wouldn't really call a TVR an A to B machine...

55starchief

Quoting: FUBAR
Although I wouldn't really call a TVR an A to B machine...

More like A-B via C with C being the TVR dealership

Roadkill

Yeah, not the most reliable machines on the market . . .

55starchief

Quoting: Roadkill
Yeah, not the most reliable machines on the market . . .

Hey its a british sports car you want reliabilty go buy a ricer

F Body

French and Russian plants have been rumored as potential sites, but Autocar believe that Italian coachbuilder Bertone will be used to produce the '07 Sagaris, Tuscan and Tuscan convertible in Turin.

According to TVR, drivetrain production will remain in the UK. Autocar supposes that Ricardo will build a production line to supply new Euro IV emissions compatible motors. Ricardo is already working on bringing the TVR engines up to those standards, so going one step further and actually building them for TVR makes sense.

Can't see many people buying one now

55starchief

Quoting: F Body
Ricardo is already working on bringing the TVR engines up to those standards, so going one step further and actually building them for TVR makes sense

so that means brackley will be the new home of TVR drivetrains

F Body

Quoting: 55starchief
so that means brackley will be the new home of TVR drivetrains

I would have thought " Farnborough, Hampshire " would have been better ?

That's where the AA Headquarters are

55starchief

Well Ricardo is south african

FUBAR

Well Ricardo is south african

How does that Link him to brackley?...

55starchief

The factories are opposite me mate, they mainly make F1 stuff and some indy car but andre the guy who owns it is south african as is 90% of the work force

FUBAR

The factories are opposite me mate, they mainly make F1 stuff and some indy car but andre the guy who owns it is south african as is 90% of the work force

Fair Doos, so is that part of this Ridardo blokes company?

FUBAR

On Second thoughts... the buildings not on Stilts is it?... If so watch out for a guy with Bad hair and big black dually pickup...

55starchief

On Second thoughts... the buildings not on Stilts is it?... If so watch out for a guy with Bad hair and big black dually pickup...

No but when they got turned over a couple of years ago he told the police he would SORT it if you know what i mean

FUBAR

Aah thats that place is it... yeah, um don't mess...