EBay Rant!!!

Started by ianjpage, October 19, 2006, 03:37:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ianjpage

/major rant time!

F****G IDIOT, W*****R of ebay bidder.......

Trying to sell the grande on ebay, had a "sucessful" sale on ebay for a fair price......

First thing set me alarm bell ringing - guy is based in Germany........but he had bought a load of other cars from UK....

Well after a week of sending daily emails / reminders and getting no where fast (i had 2 emails - both saying am sorting it out am sortuing it out) to get a deposit out of him, i get an email tonight

Quoting: ebay twat

hi we never send any deposit to any car,we are buyers and no speakers like 80 prozent of buyers in GB.if the car need not to be traillerd it was long picked up by train and motorway, but it need to be traillerd,and that was not whritten korrekt in e.bay,you told it to me after bidding,for this i had to organise a trailer.
i found one in nottingham his name is XXX
and this is his no.07731 ###### ,i told him to trailer your car to dover.
but if you not want no problem,we find every day ten other cars,but look if you find someone who pay you 4000,-pounds for your car not running on road.we pay always cash and never send any money before,without seeing the car and the paperwork.
take your chance or not,XXX willpick him up or not.thank you willy

OK i think i must be going mad here, so i check the auction listing out.......

deposit...hmm funny cos the listing had this

Quoting: my ebay listing

'A deposit of £200 is required via paypal within 48 hours of the auction ending, with the balance paid on collection in cash only or a direct bank transfer'

Fricking twat.......

then i read further, hmm no mention of a trailer hey..

Quoting: my ebay listing

'No tax / MOT so will need to be trailered away.'

So that was it i responded to him with a number of comemnts including:

"Also i take it you cant read then cos in the ad it states 'No tax / MOT so will need to be trailered away.' now that kinda of says it needs a trailer to me!! "

So i now have to get my listing fees back, try and re list and re sell it....

Just what i bloody needed :( :(

F****K W*****R TIMEWASTERS ON EBAY - I HATE THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

/rant over

55starchief

This is why i have set my ebay account to do not sell to buyers outside of my selcted shipping zones and also negative sellers

ianjpage

Quoting: 55starchief

This is why i have set my ebay account to do not sell to buyers outside of my selcted shipping zones and also negative sellers

Yeah he is a 100% possitive seller but defo gunna say uk only now

Mustangus

Bad luck,
Guy sounds like an absolute prick. Better luck next time

ianjpage

Quoting: Mustangus

Bad luck,
Guy sounds like an absolute prick. Better luck next time

Yeah he seems it !!

Cheers

Finlay

Selling the Corvette a few weeks ago. The First buyer let me sit in the fecking train station car park for 90 mins....While he sent me a email message(after I was to collect him) saying he didnt want it any more

THEN he give me negative feedback (first ever....In 3200 sales..lol)....Im still on 100%+ as it would need 4 Negs to register

THEN he starts with the big man act /crap with thretening emails, But I noticed he had sold a Ducati 600cc Monster Bike.......................He isnt no Big Man...lol There like scooters

Fookin NOB

ianjpage

Quoting: Finlay

Selling the Corvette a few weeks ago. The First buyer let me sit in the fecking train station car park for 90 mins....While he sent me a email message(after I was to collect him) saying he didnt want it any more

THEN he give me negative feedback (first ever....In 3200 sales..lol)....Im still on 100%+ as it would need 4 Negs to register

THEN he starts with the big man act /crap with thretening emails, But I noticed he had sold a Ducati 600cc Monster Bike.......................He isnt no Big Man...lol There like scooters

Fookin NOB

yeah there always seems to be someone out there to mess ya about!

trouble is i bought and sold cars before on ebay no problem....so i guess its take the ruff to get teh smoooth!!

FUBAR

I know how you feel m8, I got messed around by Idiot bidders twice before I found a genuine bidder for my Z28.
It's the time that we kill that keeps us alive...

Finlay

But once you get the unpaid strike against there name.......... The feedback they leave gets removed....lol

Shifty

But once you get the unpaid strike against there name.......... The feedback they leave gets removed....lol

wow that's really useful to know, I sold a watch on Ebay a little while ago and the first winner said he didn't want it after he won. I had to re-list again which cost me another £6 ish.

Was going to leave him neg feedback but didn't want to receive any myself so didn't bother following it up.

Cunning Plan

i hate egay..  it doesnt do enough to help the innocent and if the person who is in the wrong spends enough £££ on egay they will bend over backwards to keep them happy.

- bought a computer from a guy but it was nothing like description, had to file small claims etc, told egay about it, left neg feedback - the guy must of had a direct line to egay or something becuase within 10 mins he had the feedback removed - made sence when he had like 5 computers on egay a week, so he was making egay alot of £, so whatever he said they did!  but funny becuase i received loads of emails from other egayers who had been messed about by this twat - so it just shows you that everytime he gets neg feedback he just gets it removed!!! feedback system = flawed - if you spend enough £ with egay and kick up a big enough stink they will do whatever you want them to do  

going back to whats happened with ian and fin, its just f*cked up what people think they can get away with - AND DO!!  they know they are in the wrong yet still chip away that NO it is you who is wrong!!!!  you can gaurantee if you tried to do anything like that you would be caught so easy..  
1968 VW T2 Bay Bus (currently being restored and upgraded)
1999 Jeep Cherokee XJ (modern classic daily driver)

ianjpage

Quoting: FUBAR

I know how you feel m8, I got messed around by Idiot bidders twice before I found a genuine bidder for my Z28.

yeah i remember mate - it is just such a PITA!

55starchief

Quoting: Cunning Plan
i hate egay.. it doesnt do enough to help the innocent and if the person who is in the wrong spends enough £££ on egay they will bend over backwards to keep them happy.

- bought a computer from a guy but it was nothing like description, had to file small claims etc, told egay about it, left neg feedback - the guy must of had a direct line to egay or something becuase within 10 mins he had the feedback removed - made sence when he had like 5 computers on egay a week, so he was making egay alot of £, so whatever he said they did! but funny becuase i received loads of emails from other egayers who had been messed about by this twat - so it just shows you that everytime he gets neg feedback he just gets it removed!!! feedback system = flawed - if you spend enough £ with egay and kick up a big enough stink they will do whatever you want them to do

You cant blame ebay, you had a choice to buy a computer any where but decieded it was cheaper on ebay. There is an old saying if it appears cheap it probably isnt right.

Ebay is a business and the people selling are in it for the business the problem is that the consumer is an idiot and cant see further than a bargain. People only care about price these days its the walmart mentality they want it cheap plain and simple.

FUBAR

You cant blame ebay, you had a choice to buy a computer any where but decieded it was cheaper on ebay. There is an old saying if it appears cheap it probably isnt right.

WHAT??!?!?!! Of course ebay is to blame , if you go into Currys and buy a PC, and when its delivered you discover that they've sent you a crappy base model instead of the £1500 wonder-PC that you bought its not you're Bloody fault for "chosing to buy from Currys" Jeesus! you march back to the store with PC in hand(s) and get it swapped for what you actually bought! make sure they know that their store or warehouse has messed up big time and at least get an apology from the Manager if not some free stuff, its simple, its called Customer Service.

The same rule applies to ebay, THEY are not looking after THEIR customers Craig was a customer, and his seller was mis-representing what he was selling and seemingly had been on Multiple occasions.  It is down to THEM to control, dicipline or Ban Sellers who are conning people or not abiding by Trading Standards Rules, THEY have even more of a duty to uphold standards because everyone is buying & selling remotely.   And as many people find out the hard way, they couldn't give 2 sh!ts so long as they get their listing fees £$£$£$ and on the assumption that most people don't want the hassle of disputing things so will just lie there & take it like a B!7ch.

55starchief

WHAT??!?!?!! Of course ebay is to blame , if you go into Currys and buy a PC, and when its delivered you discover that they've sent you a crappy base model instead of the £1500 wonder-PC that you bought its not you're Bloody fault for "chosing to buy from Currys" Jeesus! you march back to the store with PC in hand(s) and get it swapped for what you actually bought! make sure they know that their store or warehouse has messed up big time and at least get an apology from the Manager if not some free stuff, its simple, its called Customer Service.

The same rule applies to ebay, THEY are not looking after THEIR customers Craig was a customer, and his seller was mis-representing what he was selling and seemingly had been on Multiple occasions. It is down to THEM to control, dicipline or Ban Sellers who are conning people or not abiding by Trading Standards Rules, THEY have even more of a duty to uphold standards because everyone is buying & selling remotely. And as many people find out the hard way, they couldn't give 2 sh!ts so long as they get their listing fees £$£$£$ and on the assumption that most people don't want the hassle of disputing things so will just lie there & take it like a B!7ch.

Wow back the truck up, ebay didnt sell the computer the seller sold it, ebay is a service not a shop so therefore the problem goes back to the seller.

Thats the risk you take buy buying from ebay. Its an auction not a shop. At the end of the day blame is clearly with the buyer plain and simple. As said before consumers are lead by the price. How much difference in price was it from a genuine retailer if it was considerably less you have to ask yourself why.

At the end of the day every consumer has a choice of where to buy and if they fall pray to crazy low prices its down to the buyer

Cunning Plan

Ebay is a business and the people selling are in it for the business the problem is that the consumer is an idiot and cant see further than a bargain. People only care about price these days its the walmart mentality they want it cheap plain and simple.

WHAT SHIT STARCHIEF - YOU GO BY THE LISTING AND THE DISCRIPTION EXACTLY AS YOU WOULD IN A SHOP.  THE DISCRIPTION WAS TOTALLY WRONG.  HOW IS THAT MY FAULT???????????

THE GUY WAS A BUSINESS NOT A PERSONAL SELLER AND THEREFORE HAD REGUALTIONS TO ABID TO.

KNOWING ALL THIS EBAY DID **** ALL EVEN THOUGH ME AND ATLEAST 6 OTHER PEOPLE (THAT I KNOW OF PROBERLY MORE) CONTACTED EBAY ABOUT THE GUY - THEY COULDNT GIVE A **** BECUASE HE WAS MAKING MONEY FOR THEM.  SIMPLE AS THAT.  WHAT IS THE POINT IN HAVING THE FEEDBACK SYSTEM AND ALL THEIR SAFE TRADING POLICYS AND PAY PAL COVER ETC IF WHEN YOU GO TO USE THEM FOR WHAT THEY WAS INTENDED YOU CANT BECUASE THE OTHER PERSON SPENDS MORE WITH EBAY?????????????????????????  I WASNT ASKING EBAY TO GIVE ME MY MONEY BACK - I GOT THAT BACK THROUGH SMALL CLAIMS FROM THE TWAT HIMSELF, BUT I WANTED EBAY TO BE THE INTERACTIVE SITE THEY SET OUT TO BE WHERE I CAN HELP OTHERS FROM MAKING THE WRONG DECITION TO BUY FROM THAT GUY.

I COULD OF BOUGHT IT SOMEWHERE ELSE - YES BUT HERES WHERE I CAN BLAME F*CKING EBAY BECUASE IF THEY WERENT BENDING OVER BACKWARDS HELPING THIS GUY I WOULD OF SEEN NEGATIVE FEEDBACK AND NOT PURCHASED - DO YOU GET THAT PART???

OFCOURSE PEOPLE ARE AFTER A BARGIN??? WHAT A WEIRD THING TO SAY - NO ONE WANTS TO PAY FULL PRICE FOR SOMETHING, I PURCHASED THE COMPUTER BECUASE A C C O R D I N G TO THE DESCRIPTION IT WAS A GOOD SPEC < WHY AM I AN IDIOT FOR MAKING HIM PUT THE WRONG SPEC DOWN????????????  

YOU HAVE OBVIOUSLY NEVER HAD A TWAT LIKE THAT ON EBAY - I REALLY HOPE YOU DO SO YOU CAN UNDERSTAND IT AND STOP YOU POSTING KNOW-IT-ALL DUMBASS REPLYS LIKE THAT.

55starchief

YOU HAVE OBVIOUSLY NEVER HAD A TWAT LIKE THAT ON EBAY - I REALLY HOPE YOU DO SO YOU CAN UNDERSTAND IT AND STOP YOU POSTING KNOW-IT-ALL DUMBASS REPLYS LIKE THAT.

Not gonna happen craig, been around to long and can smell when some thing is wrong. There is no way i would buy anything new from ebay or of high value plain and simple

Cunning Plan

ALSO IT WAS A BUY IT NOW NOT AN AUCTION SO HE WAS EVEN MORE IN THE WRONG

FUBAR

It is Only ever the buyers fault for buying defective goods if they are described as such buy the shop / seller or whoever then its a risk you take.

If you buy a PC off ebay thats described as "Fantastic up to date, super PC will play all latest games" and a 386 with 2Mb of RAM arrives at your door you have been mis-sold an item.  Its NOT your fault for buying it! and the seller is in breach of Trading Standards Laws.

Its as simple as that. whether its Currys, Pissy World or eBay is irrelevant. If its being sold through eBay the seller is using their services to break the Law, that makes it Their business to sort it out.

55starchief

ALSO IT WAS A BUY IT NOW NOT AN AUCTION SO HE WAS EVEN MORE IN THE WRONG

At the end of the day ebay is an auction site no matter how you purchase be it with buy it now, best offer or full auction.

55starchief

Gonna say this one last time you have a choice where to buy and if buying froma a private add or from a auction website you take the risk

So if you had purchased this from a free ads paper in the clasifieds advert you would expect the paper to solve this, get real

Cunning Plan

Not gonna happen craig, been around to long and can smell when some thing is wrong. There is no way i would buy anything new from ebay or of high value plain and simple

WELL i wouldnt buy anything for high value now either!!! IF ebay was the site that it marketed itself as - i would of seen the guy was bad news and not purchased from him!!!!!!!!!!!!!  if you go to buy a plank of wood, its described as a plank of wood, when you get it its metal - HOW IS THAT THE CONSUMERS FAULT?!????

YOU may be the smart ass who is never caught but you think about someone else you know who isnt as well educated and as streetwise like your unique self will fall into exactly the same trap as me becuase ebay isnt doing what they should be doing.

I could of saved myself a day in court and loads of hassle if do-gooders like you who cant see that ebay was and is in the wrong for HELPING that guy get away with it didnt support ebay like this.

Roadkill

Learn something new every day . . . .

FUBAR

Gonna say this one last time you have a choice where to buy and if buying froma a private add or from a auction website you take the risk

That I agree with, you do take a certain amount of risk but thats not what you were saying earlier, i'm going to say this one more time.

If the Item that arrives at your door if not what was described in the auction / on the ticket in the shop THE SELLER IS IN BREACH OF TRADING STANDARDS AND HAS BROKEN THE LAW it is NOT your fault for buying it, not even in the slightest.

55starchief

THE SELLER IS IN BREACH OF TRADING STANDARDS AND HAS BROKEN THE LAW it is NOT

Thats not gonna happen mate, if it was a published advert yes but ebay listings i think you will find are no different to the private clasifieds in the back of the local paper