Light rinsing of IROC

Started by Giblets, November 20, 2006, 01:55:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Giblets

Coming back from the Cambridge meet.....

Just for the hell of it I dialled up an estimated 120mph in the IROC coming back down the A507 between Stotfold and Shefford on a 2 mile straight.

I say 'estimated' as I only have the 85mph speedo, but lots of cars were going backwards fast and it took forever to get back down to 30 to tackle the roundabout.

I would have videod it to the theme of the Lost Boys soundtrack (ala HRC) but there's no point when the needle runs out of room!

Seems the fuelling is working fine anyway as I was bouncing it off the limiter in third with no complaints!

NB: If you are Plod, the above is a joke.

BWAAHHAHHAHHAHAH!!!

HardRockCamaro

Hehe!!!

I have no idea how fast I've taken the IROC, the speedo runs out at 115mph and it had gone well past that.

Mine really needs the suspension etc sorting before I do anything like that again (the reason I didn't do my original plan of passing 100,000 at top speed).

Well done though!
(the stock brakes suck at those speeds don't they?!)

F Body

Quoting: Giblets
Just for the hell of it I dialled up an estimated 120mph

NB: If you are Plod, the above is a joke

Don't worry about it , it's only a six month ban and being forced to re-take an extended test

I only floor past it 100mph now if I've done a recky both ways down the road first and there are no unmarked police cars.

Anybody got a 1/4 mile long drive ?

HardRockCamaro

FBody:  A birdie told me you got a lovely memento photo of one of your runs in the Z28...

Roadkill

The fastest I've had the Z28 is about 130mph . . . or that's where it would've been if I didn't have the 85mph speedo, too.

Also, I found using the V-Box, that my speedo reads UNDER.

ie. at 100mph my speedo says about 94mph . . . so . . .

EDIT - Also this was really a dream and wasn't witnessed by anyone . . . . officer.

Giblets

Quoting: HardRockCamaro
Well done though!
(the stock brakes suck at those speeds don't they?!)

Yep they are not up to the job of hauling such a large lump of iron down from those speeds.

I just love the fact that unlike hot hatches, these cars pull as well between 70 and 100mph as they do between 50 and 70mph!

I would have loved to have heard me roar past at 4500rpm in third!

F Body

Quoting: HardRockCamaro
FBody: A birdie told me you got a lovely memento photo of one of your runs in the Z28...

Oh you mean the 138mph run past the speed camera DOH !!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm trying to get to 19th Dec to get a clean licence, trouble is the ban will always have to be declared to the insurance company, even though it's off my licence

Quoting: Roadkill
The fastest I've had the Z28 is about 130mph

According to my Garmin bought after the above incident 151mph

these cars pull as well between 70 and 100mph as they do between 50 and 70mph!

The 4th Gen only starts to slow down above 130mph ( on race track )

300bhp per ton

Coming back from the Cambridge meet.....

Just for the hell of it I dialled up an estimated 120mph in the IROC coming back down the A507 between Stotfold and Shefford on a 2 mile straight.

I say 'estimated' as I only have the 85mph speedo, but lots of cars were going backwards fast and it took forever to get back down to 30 to tackle the roundabout.

I would have videod it to the theme of the Lost Boys soundtrack (ala HRC) but there's no point when the needle runs out of room!

Seems the fuelling is working fine anyway as I was bouncing it off the limiter in third with no complaints!

NB: If you are Plod, the above is a joke.

BWAAHHAHHAHHAHAH!!!

Fancy running it up against my lil 4th gen at all?

I could get it on tape for shits and giggles (I'd blank out the number plates of course).

Although last srping I came back down that road late at night, flat out off each round about and brake as alate as possible, its amazing how easy it is to top 140mph between them.

I did wear out a set of brake pads on that journey though.

55 miles cross country in 53 mins. Normally take 1h 20 when the roads are clear if you drive normal :)

Giblets

Let me guess.... loser fills both cars up?

Don't tempt me mate!

Even though I'd lose badly, it would be a laugh.

I'd race Fubar and Roadkill as that would be a bit closer, but your 4th gen would destroy mine.

Still the noise alone would be heard several miles away.

Rocky

would you race mine when its done?

HardRockCamaro

Quoting: F Body
The 4th Gen only starts to slow down above 130mph ( on race track  )

Sounds surprisingly similar to the STS.

Roadkill

I'd race Fubar and Roadkill as that would be a bit closer

After I rebuilt the gearbox, though.

Giblets

Quoting: Rocky

Depends mate.

If I say yes, how do I know you won't smuggle some anti-smog equipment under the hood next time my car's in for work before we race?

I'll race the V6 Mustang boys anyday though!

55starchief

Well lets see how many have the balls to sign up for next seasons SRS

Rocky

I nearly got a camaro shell to put a full blown motor in but it fell through at last minute.

philoldsmobile

Bwahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaah........

i'm a walking joke..

55starchief

Quoting: philoldsmobile

Bwahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaah........

turbo :cough:

Titsy

Quoting: philoldsmobile
i'm a walking joke..

Only if it breaks down...

http://www.rpmoutlet.com/musv6ati.htm\" target=\"_blank\" rel=\"nofollow\">Buy Me...

Roadkill

I don't mind giving the Camaro a thrashing every now and then . . . . Or even the Caddy if people are feeling brave enough to share a road with that thing when she gets a rollin'.

Not sure I've got the time to dedicate to SRS, though, after talking to Pod at the weekend . . .

55starchief

Not sure I've got the time to dedicate to SRS, though, after talking to Pod at the weekend . . .

its 6 events over 7 months mate

Roadkill

Exactly . . . That's another 6 free days I'll lose.

And next year I'll have the Caddy to do . . . as well as decorating the bathroom, finishing upstairs and tidying the front garden and completely re-do the back garden.
Then I've got to re-do the guttering front and back and replace the fascia boards above the spare bedroon . . .
Also I want to re-build the workshop extension in brick if I have the time.

No, no SRS for me next year . . .

55starchief

Exactly . . . That's another 6 weekends I'll lose.

there 1 day events mate

Roadkill

Already edited it . . . but still that's a massive amount of days to lose.

Plus what would I run ?

To run the 'Maro it needs new springs, front shocks, new gearbox . . . . .

At the moment I have more important things demanding more of my money . . .

300bhp per ton

Quoting: 55starchief
Well lets see how many have the balls to sign up for next seasons SRS

I wouldn't mind, but I'm not sure partly because of costs and lack of tyres for use at the strip. Plus I think some events would clash with off roading events I take part in.

Let me guess.... loser fills both cars up?

Don't tempt me mate!

Even though I'd lose badly, it would be a laugh.

I tempted you.........

I'm not worried about any money or stakes just do it for the hell of it :)

Quoting: Rocky

Sure why not, it's all good fun. You win some, you loose some, thats just the nature of racing.

Pod

Quoting: 300bhp per ton
I wouldn't mind, but I'm not sure partly because of costs and lack of tyres for use at the strip

Costs this year were £20 to join and then normal RWYB prices for racing.
I've been running on bog standard street tyres this year and 98% likely to stay that way next year.
It's only as expensive as you make it.