22 grand.... for a ford FIESTA!!!

Started by philoldsmobile, November 26, 2006, 06:37:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Incursus

Titsy

Mint yes, but not gorgeous!?! Or at least not in my eyes...

philoldsmobile

i love the 80's ford XR's; so much soul from such an uninspiring base vehicle..

shame so many were chav'd to death

F Body

It sure has a certain purity of line, but £22k even a 280 Capri in similar condition aint gona make that

philoldsmobile

thing is, it DID make that.... the 22k is a bid, not a dreamers start price...

the car sold in classified adds for the reserve of the ebay auction, allegedly £24,000

classic cars are fetching good money again, jag mk 2's are approaching their 80's values..

F Body

Quoting: philoldsmobile
classic cars are fetching good money again,

Dam wish I'd bought that Deloren again

philoldsmobile

hell yeah.....

wish me dad still had his old XR4i,  what an absolutely utterly fantastic car..

EDGE

that belongs to one of the guys in the xr2 club.. its like a new one... only better... its foooooking amazing, if you wanted one, you wouldnt go wrong with that one !!!

EDGE

Roadkill

Someone needs their head examining . . . with a sledgehammer.

nick69

What a load of crock!!!

If I had the money id buy it and banger it!!!

Motorama

i'm amazed it aint fell off his trailer the way he straps it!

EDGE

horses for corses children.... play nice now...

Shifty

I read an article a little while ago basically along the same lines as this advert but with an original (20 year old) MK1 MR2, with only 15 miles on the clock.

The car had been used as display in a show room until the place was moved. Hell the car still had the paper mats in the foot wells. Never found out what it went for though.

55starchief

I remember reading about a rover sd1 found in the storage yard of a rover main dealer with 200 miles on the clock

Cunning Plan

Quoting: nick69
If I had the money id buy it and banger it!!!

A rare car is rare, classic is classic, but like the title says, 22k for a FIESTA??
1968 VW T2 Bay Bus (currently being restored and upgraded)
1999 Jeep Cherokee XJ (modern classic daily driver)

HardRockCamaro

You have to remember that people felt that way about Chargers an whatnot not so long ago.  They were practically giving them away in the late 80s, when they were around 20 years old, especially in the USA where they were much like a fiesta, just a run of the mill car.
Now they're worth a mint.
When something becomes rare, in good condition it becomes valuable.  Jsut like the original Star Wars touys and whatnot that were cheap, common and thus played with brokn and thrown away.  

Reminds me of a line from the Raiders of the Lost Ark:

"See this watch, it's worthless, bought from a street trader for 50c.  If I bury it in the desert for a thousand years it will become priceless".

55starchief

My boss sold his white RS 500 to a guy about 4 years ago for £30k it had 16k original miles and the original tyres and even the new car smell when you opened the doors.  I dread to think what it would be worth today

philoldsmobile

yup, almost all cars go through this, and sporty variants of even the most mundane cars make good money when they are 20+ years old...

holbay hilman hunter or sunbeam rapier anyone?

when i first got into the yank car thing about 8 yeas ago, you could buy a scruffy but MOT'd and running late second gen 305 for £750...

HardRockCamaro

Indeed, this isn't  "a" fiesta.  It's an XR2.
That makes it special.

55starchief

Quoting: HardRockCamaro
Indeed, this isn't "a" fiesta. It's an XR2.
That makes it special.

weren't the early fiesta's 1300 supersports?

EDGE

the supersport was indeed a 1300, then a little later there was the 1600 xr2

it ended on ebay at 22k, reserve not met !

Roadkill

Well, I reckon it's still all wrong.