Remember the fancy christmas lights done to music?

Started by HardRockCamaro, December 04, 2006, 04:28:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ianjpage

55starchief

Damn thats as big as some of the rigs i used to build for rock concerts. Talking of last years contender i see the lotto has ripped that of for their latest commercial

EDGE

oh shyt...... no-one show this to my dad...

EDGE

55starchief

Quoting: EDGE

oh shyt...... no-one show this to my dad...

I can remember borrowing a 100m festoon of egg strobes one christmas from work but the old man wouldnt let me put it on the house

55starchief

check out the webcams on the guys site, the lights have just come on

http://www.lindsaylights.com/webcams.html\" target=\"_blank\" rel=\"nofollow\">http://www.lindsaylights.com/webcams.html

55starchief

F Body

ianjpage

Quoting: F Body

Don't even fancy the electricity bill

Hmm $500 a month wots wrong with that lol!!

Roadkill

Has anyone just stopped for a minute and said "How F**king sad ?"

Don't get me wrong, I ain't religious or anything, but it seems to me that people use Christmas as a reason to up-stage their neighbours in a contest of money and, basically, stupidity.

It looks absolutely tacky most of the time and makes me cringe when I see my neighbours nailing 100's of yards of fairy lights to their rafters . . .

55starchief

Quoting: Roadkill
Has anyone just stopped for a minute and said "How F**king sad ?"

Don't get me wrong, I ain't religious or anything, but it seems to me that people use Christmas as a reason to up-stage their neighbours in a contest of money and, basically, stupidity.

It looks absolutely tacky most of the time and makes me cringe when I see my neighbours nailing 100's of yards of fairy lights to their rafters . . .

Kinda agree with you there mate, but just from the g33k point of view you have to admire the amount of effort and technical ability they those guys have

Roadkill

True.

Pity that most who conduct in this kind of activity at this time of year have absolutely NO technical ability at all.

(Hence the increase in house fires over the christmas period).

55starchief

Quoting: Roadkill
Pity that most who conduct in this kind of activity at this time of year have absolutely NO technical ability at all.

(Hence the increase in house fires over the christmas period).

yup agree with you there, the setup those guys have is equaly as pro as any of the systems i used to work with in my concert lighting days

55starchief

ianjpage

Quoting: 55starchief

Videos of this years display are now up

kewl been waiting fer that!!

55starchief

Quoting: ianjpage
kewl been waiting fer that!!

same here but will need to watch it at home tonight as i have no speakers on my work PC

55starchief

Just downloaded and watched, all i can say is awesome

F Body

Quoting: 55starchief
Just downloaded and watched, all i can say is awesome

Pretty dam awesome, sort of makes you wonder what they can do next

ianjpage

yeah fair p[lay to em as well all for charity!