Has the world ended ?

Started by F Body, December 23, 2006, 03:58:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

F Body

I've just been to Asda to get some dirty diesel and I think may be the world is going to end ?

1/4 mile queue to get in and people just abandoning cars on the main road and walking in

Jeeze people the shops are shut two days max, even Woolworths etc are open on Boxing day

Think I'll get diesel another day

nick69

tesco are open on boxing day here!!!!

1 day close and they go mad!!

55starchief

Yup typical of this country, lets panic as the shops wont be open. Actually most of the corner shops will be open christmas day the indians and asians are far more business orientated than the rest of this country.

art b

Quoting: F Body
Jeeze people the shops are shut two days max, even Woolworths etc are open on Boxing day

and half the shite people buy will be wasted and thrown away !

the tacky presents people buy for people who dont want/need em,how strange
wont be seein me in the shops for a week!!
This forum needs, ''YOU'' posting,Not just reading ! :moon:

Roadkill

I only commented yesterday that I hate this time of year . . . .

I hate Human beings in general and I can't be arsed with Christmas . . .

This time of year you get lots of stupid humans running around like idiots in the name of Christmas.

Kill 'em all I say.

55starchief

After reading martyns post i happened to drop down to the local tesco, people were fighting for a frikin parkin space not be i just turned around and left. Nothing is that important. The supermarkets have driven this frenzy by telling people that the stores will have limited opening tomorrow

ianjpage

Bloody madness i tell ya - went to get fuel today (as i was on empty!) and had to queue for 15 mins to get into the petrol station and they had 6 of their 18 pumps working.........the reason........everyone seems to buying petrol today in panic of the fact they not be open for 2 days!!!!!!!!!!1

55starchief

Quoting: ianjpage
went to get fuel today (as i was on empty!) and had to queue for 15 mins to get into the petrol station

same here only all the pumps were working but only one person serving

Roadkill

A Killing spree . . . that'd sort it, I tell ya'.

ianjpage

Quoting: Roadkill

too true!

FUBAR

It's the time that we kill that keeps us alive...

F Body

Hell yeah

Quote from: FUBAR
http://www.mobango.com/media_details/killingspree/Ja9rGm3ky5Q[/quote\" target=\"_blank\" rel=\"nofollow\">]http://www.mobango.com/media_details/killingspree/Ja9rGm3ky5Q</div>

Excellent

F Body

Nanny's just come back from a walk down to Asda and she say's still bedlam and half the shelves are now bare, she said it was like one of those looting scenes from a film

She only went for a bag of sugar LOL

55starchief

Just went to tesco and its a lot quieter today but did notice that shops normaly closed on a sunday were open today, this in a town that still closes half day on a wednesday

Cunning Plan

Quoting: FUBAR

http://www.mobango.com/media_details/killingspree/Ja9rGm3ky5Q=/\" target=\"_blank\" rel=\"nofollow\">http://www.mobango.com/media_details/killingspree/Ja9rGm3ky5Q=/

LOL
1968 VW T2 Bay Bus (currently being restored and upgraded)
1999 Jeep Cherokee XJ (modern classic daily driver)

Cunning Plan

1968 VW T2 Bay Bus (currently being restored and upgraded)
1999 Jeep Cherokee XJ (modern classic daily driver)

F Body

Quoting: 55starchief
Just went to tesco and its a lot quieter today

We've been to Sainsburys & B&Q Depot and Sainsburys was about normal but B&Q was nearly empty

They had a 4 stroke genny rated at 2.4kw, twin output sockets, fuel gauge, power gauge etc  for £143.
Would have bought it if it had been electric start, can't be done with all that twanging the wire

55starchief

Quoting: F Body
can't be done with all that twanging the wire

you want to try starting the diesel one, crank the handle then flick the compresion bungs in, that takes a bit of practice

Jamieg285

Don't you just love Xmas time.

Titsy

Quoting: Jamieg285

Bar Humbug.....

ianjpage

yeah spose so - it gives ya extra time off work

Jamieg285

Yes/no.

I had 2 days off, but Debs didn't, so I was babysitting throughout the day.

ianjpage

Yes/no.

I had 2 days off, but Debs didn't, so I was babysitting throughout the day.

AHh bummer there mate - vicky has the similar thing - she has to work either of XMas or new year on rota - this year falls on NMew Year - last year was xmas working