Christmas IROC pics

Started by Giblets, December 27, 2006, 10:05:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jamieg285

Quoting: ianjpage
Yeah and surprisingly they are not expensive for an "older" pre ABS car......

Titsy

Grumble.....

ianjpage

Quoting: Titsy

Grumble.....

Exactly what i said (well more or less) when i looked at them for the Cobra

philoldsmobile

But the rear brakes kinda work now..... It's not as easy to do....

dude, my lil V6 (with ABS and disc all round)  can smoke em from here  to next wednesday (eh martyn! ) so you've got no excuse with about 100BHP more

Titsy

I can still light up the rear end in a snap.... I just figure it will quickly shred the brakes and put extra strain on the trans now...

F Body

Line-lock for teh win!!!!1111

You have to disable the ABS though, most people seem to put a double pole switch wired up after the main ABS fuse. The other poles activate the line- lock and you get the added bonus of the ABS warning light telling you when the line locks on

philoldsmobile

unless you are into some serious drag racing on proper drag radials (bye bye stock diff), a  burnout worth linelocking is too much anyway, street radials need nothing more than a haze of smoke, anything more will make them greasy and loose grip..

just booting it through the burnout box in 1st gear will produce more than enough spin for that...

besides, you should be able to burn out more than easily enough without one, once the wheels are spinning, you need a suprisingly small ammount of brake to hold  the car still.....

Giblets

ABS?

Pah!

My right foot is the only safety device on mine.

And it's a big right foot.