Weather is taking a turn for the worse.

Started by F Body, December 29, 2006, 02:51:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

F Body

Just been looking at my electronic weather station ( another Christmas present which I forgot to mention ) and the barometer has dropped to under 1,000 hpa.

I quick visit to the BBC weather website reveals 70mph winds and driving rain for tonight - nice

Batton down the hatches.

55starchief

F Body

Quoting: 55starchief
Yup gonna be a mean jan/feb next year

Just the ticket for some Paintballing

55starchief

Quoting: F Body

Just the ticket for some Paintballing

hell yeah

ianjpage

tis raining a good un here and the wind is uber strong!!!!

Rob

Trans Am didn't think much of the lake,that is the M1, coming home this morning.  Ducking in and out of the grooves worn away by the stream of overweight lorries.   Isn't it about time they sorted that road out before widening it more.....

F Body

Quoting: Rob
Isn't it about time they sorted that road out before widening it more.....

Well it's not classified as a road anymore

It's a Car Park

Rob

It's a Car Park

Yep....A car park they'll soon start charging you to use......

55starchief

Weather is quite nice here this morning

F Body

Think I might go outside and wash the Panda

F Body

Think I might go outside and wash the Panda

No scrub that ( unintended pun )

Looking at the forecast it's going to rain later and get better through Sunday & Monday and be really nice when we go back to work on Tuesday

55starchief

Looking at the forecast it's going to rain later

cool no need to leather the car off

F Body

Looking at the forecast it's going to rain later and get better through Sunday & Monday and be really nice when we go back to work on Tuesday

Just seen the BBC weather again and it's all changed

The east is still getting the rain back this afternoon but now we are having 70-80mph winds tonight and Sunday starts dry and then heavy rain and strong winds again !

Hey I know weather forecasting isn't an exact science but what happened to the nice weather they promised this morning

Roadkill

Still, I'd prefer to be going to work in the rain then having mess about de-icing the car and driving in in the snow . . .

FUBAR

Quoting: Roadkill
Still, I'd prefer to be going to work in the rain then having mess about de-icing the car and driving in in the snow . . .

this is true, snow is fun if you don't have to drive anywhere... especially in a RWD Yank
It's the time that we kill that keeps us alive...

Roadkill

Or in a Sh!tty chav'scort with nearly bald fronts . . .

F Body

It's grim out there now, just come back from Dunstable in the GMC and the roads are flooding

55starchief

When we get a decent amount of snow we can complain, last time i was in baltimore we had 12" over night now thats snow but it didnt stop the country

F Body

last time i was in baltimore we had 12" over night

Stop showing off

55starchief

Stop showing off

it was bizzare went to bed with no sign of snow, woke up and there it was, had another 6" during that day and 4" more that night

F Body

12" over night now thats snow but it didnt stop the country

The second time I went to Detroit it snowed over two feet on the first night, but as you say everything just carried on as normal.

55starchief

Detroit it snowed over two feet on the first night, but as you say everything just carried on as normal.

yeah its odd, over here 2" and everyone calls in saying they cant get to work.  I drove all the way to college in northampton in 2003 after we had that bad snow didnt take any longer than normal but when i got there they said no one had made it in

F Body

Barometer is rising now @ 1005mbar so we may be over the worst of tonight weather ?

Still dam windy though !

art b

Barometer is rising now @ 1005mbar so we may be over the worst of tonight weather ?

Still dam windy though !

MUST AVE BLOWN IT ,OFF OF THE WALL!!!!
This forum needs, ''YOU'' posting,Not just reading ! :moon:

F Body

Your only supposed to blow the bloody doors off !

Sorry wrong movie

Still good Robin Hood weather ?