This is what you call a car factory......

Started by VIPER, January 03, 2007, 06:31:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

55starchief

Remember watching that on TV, the fit and finish is incredible. The autoclave pipe work is just awesome. To think people take the pi$$ cause i like all the heads on screws to be verticle on electrical sockets and doors etc just pride in  ones work as ron dennis says

VIPER

OH GOOD ITS NOT JUST ME THEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Titsy

55starchief

Quoting: VIPER
OH GOOD ITS NOT JUST ME THEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hell yeah even cross heads should be in a vertical/horizontal not the diagnal

EDGE

I've got "CDO", which is the same as OCD but in the correct alphabetical order !!

EDGE

VIPER

Wait till you next see the Dodge......
I even has new SS heater pipes made just because i didnt like the way the factory ones fitted on the new valve covers.....

VIPER

And yes they will be polished Martin........

55starchief

it has nothing to do with OCD its the pride you take in finishing a job, it takes no longer to line the heads up than to do a half ass job

Titsy

But lining the screws up means you have either over or under tightened them.... How is that taking pride in your work?

55starchief

Quoting: Titsy

But lining the screws up means you have either over or under tightened them.... How is that taking pride in your work?

yeah must remember to look up the torque setting for a woodscrew next time i tighten it

Titsy

Using wood screws to hold a socket up, now that definetly isn't taking pride in your work.... Why not just use the metric screws that came with the socket and put a back box in the wall like the regs state.... Or is that not cowboy enough for ya...

Damn you're easy to wind up....

Titsy

Darn, I was sure there was an electrical reference Oh well

55starchief

Using wood screws to hold a socket up, now that definetly isn't taking pride in your work.... Why not just use the metric screws that came with the socket and put a back box in the wall like the regs state.... Or is that not cowboy enough for ya...

WTF im talking about the screws in the door frame, all my sockets are lined up as the thread is a fine pitch so you can tighten those up without over stressing them. Oh yeah dont even go on about the regs i have my 16th edition cert

Titsy

Damn you're easy to wind up....

VIPER

NOW NOW CHILDREN BACK TO THE THREAD PLEASE

55starchief

Quoting: VIPER
NOW NOW CHILDREN BACK TO THE THREAD PLEASE

just remember not to over tighten it

Roadkill

I thought I was bad.

I must be cured 'cos there's some damn sad people on this thread !

The Video : Ugly Car, Very Impressive building . . . then I got bored.

Did something good happen ?

Fieldy

Superb Building.....Not what I would call A factory, but credit where it is due!

55starchief

Quoting: Roadkill
I must be cured 'cos there's some damn sad people on this thread !

nah your just in denial

Jamieg285

I think a deciding question would have to be, what difference does the screw angle actually make?

55starchief

Quoting: Jamieg285
I think a deciding question would have to be, what difference does the screw angle actually make?

its aesthetics as far as i am concerned, if you have 3 screws all at different angles it looks slopy as it would have taken no longer than to line them all up.

Jamieg285

Ok, question 2

How many people actually look at screw heads to see if they are straight?

Roadkill

Quoting: 55starchief
if you have 3 screws all at different angles it looks slopy

An Artist would argue that having them anyway looks natural . . . or random.

It's all a matter of opinion.