New camaro Vert PICS!!!!!

Started by VIPER, January 05, 2007, 03:48:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

VIPER

55starchief

It doesnt matter, GM is gonna be 5 years to late. They totaly missed the boat with this one.Even CDB were slow to get in on the retro. FOMOCO were spot on when the launched the mustang, the timing was perfect the age demographic was looking for something modern and yet classic but trends have changed and people want different things now. Even the mustang sales are slowly dropping with a large amount of used mustangs appearing on forecourts in the usa

Fieldy

Quoting: VIPER
Not bad but not as nice as the new challenger

agreed...

I think it looks awesome, but I have fallen in love with the new challenger pics

Jamieg285

Very nice, but way too slow off the mark. Too long to get from this point to actually release.

HardRockCamaro

I think it might steal sales from the Mustang (if* they do it right as with these fashionable/retro cars people tend to migrate from one to the next to have the newest thing.

In the UK there was a waiting list for the Puma of around 6 months until the Beetle came out then that had a waiting list instead, then the Mini came and attention switched to that.

If they time it right, ie before any major refresh of the Mustang they could have a winner, although a subsequent quick release of an updated Mustang could well steal the sales back due to being the new boy in town...

As for the Challenger, I'd have the maro any day.
If I want a car that looks pretty much exactly like one from the late 60s, I'll buy one from the late 60s and have the genuine article.  For me the Challenger is too retro.  The trick is to update the design while keeping the styling cues, not break out the old blueprints from the archive room and run them through the photocopier...

FUBAR

Quoting: HardRockCamaro
As for the Challenger, I'd have the maro any day.

That convertable it just Pron!
It's the time that we kill that keeps us alive...

Rocky

55starchief

Taken from an article in february Hotrod magazine from a questionare about features of the new camaro. (sample of approx 17,000)

Convertable

A ragtop camero will be offered eventualy. If so would you buy it?

Very likely 3,137 19%
Some what likely 3,668 22%
Not very likely 9,754 59%
Total 16,559 100%

However 10,552 63% opted for the 6 speed manual

HardRockCamaro

Well, I would imagine verts are more popular with the ladies (cheerleaders car) or style concious people as opposed to the readers of hotrod magazine who I doubt have much interest in modern cars anyway.  I suspect they'd prefer the new Challenger but even then they'd probably prefer an older car.

55starchief

Quoting: HardRockCamaro
I doubt have much interest in modern cars anyway

Hotrod has no preference to year mate. febs issue has an article on the first GT500 to run in the 10's with bolt-on parts. Its more a magazine geared to modifying than hotrods as in 32 deuces

Roadkill

Not bad looking for a 'Vert.

I think GM has missed the boat on Retro styled motors, though.

Goes to show there truly is no good designs anymore when they have to resort to ripping off the old ones to sell a car.