Escape Roof gone ?

Started by F Body, January 11, 2007, 07:36:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

F Body

I'm told that they have reported on the radio that the Escape buildings roof in central MK has been blown off and the town centre is closed ?

Comon peeps we need eye witness reports - if you haven't been blown away

55starchief

Yup just checked on horizon's website and indeed part of the roof has gone near the airkix section

Roadkill

Oh, Dear - Wouldn't like to be the sheeting company in charge of that !

F Body

Quoting: F Body
Comon peeps we need eye witness reports

Sorry I've had this mental picture pop into my mind of Fubar changing into tights and a cape

55starchief

Once part of a roof goes it wont be long until the wind gets under the rest of it

Roadkill

Quoting: 55starchief
part of the roof has gone near the airkix section

Odd as that's the lower section . . . I'd have thought the higher area would be more at risk . .

FUBAR

The thing is... about 2 months after it first opened a large strip was ripped off by wind then too, nearer the fat end that time though but it went all the way from the centre 'spine' to the lower edge.

they obviously didn't learn from that time then!
It's the time that we kill that keeps us alive...

Roadkill

Admittedly, the design and layout of the cladding doesn't lend itself to low wind resistance.

The ideal arrangement would've been to turn the crinkly tin 90* . . . I'd guess the Acrhietect in charge argued that it wasn't what he wanted, though.

Most problems with buildings like this stem from the initial concept/design . . not the engineers who are responsible for building it.

55starchief

Quoting: Roadkill
ost problems with buildings like this stem from the initial concept/design . . not the engineers who are responsible for building it.

yup, sounds about right

Titsy

So it wasn't part of the Sky Dome then.... Looks like they did learn their lesson when repairing the Sky Dome, but not when building the Airkix appendix...

FUBAR

Isn't it slightly ironic that a wind tunnel has its roof ripped off by high winds...
It's the time that we kill that keeps us alive...

Titsy

Quoting: FUBAR
Isn't it slightly ironic that a wind tunnel has its roof ripped off by high winds...

Good one...!

VIPER

Some roads were 5ft under water as well...
Had two techs out there today getting the TV network back up and running again....
OH and i have only just got it as well........

Roadkill

My F**king fence came down in the back Garden !!!  

More F**king expense, more money and time I haven;t got.

Fieldy

just read the article and thought the exact same thing

F Body

Poetic justice

Kenny

Quoting: Titsy
wasn't part of the Sky Dome then

That'd be the Ski Dome then  or not as the case may be...

Part of the roof came off at work too, they made people move their cars out of the carpark!  (more worried about damaging cars than decapitating the drivers )