cheap commuter?

Started by philoldsmobile, January 17, 2007, 01:56:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

philoldsmobile

FUBAR

Can anyone say Ring ding da ding ding ding...

It's the time that we kill that keeps us alive...

art b

looks a bargin ,and a bit of fun too
This forum needs, ''YOU'' posting,Not just reading ! :moon:

F Body

OK so it's a cheap Chinese copy but you can't argue at that price

55starchief

Guy who works for my dad already has one, not to bad and cant argue with the price

F Body

Showed it to the Office Bikers and they couldn't believe the price

art b

This forum needs, ''YOU'' posting,Not just reading ! :moon:

Fieldy

Ive been thinking bout A bike that that for around central....But then I think the money would be much better towards A car in the long run!

At such A cheap price it just gets so that much more tempting

philoldsmobile

4 stroke, so v low maintainance, the CG125 enfine ( that is what is basicly is) doesn't even have an oil filter, and is splash lubricated, so there is no oil pump even..

not so much ring ding ding as phut phut phut

Fieldy

Quoting: philoldsmobile
not so much ring ding ding as phut phut phut

Its almost like I can hear it now

F Body

Quoting: Fieldy
At such A cheap price it just gets so that much more tempting

May be going down there tomorrow

F Body

Quoting: F Body
May be going down there tomorrow

Spoke to the company this morning, they have over 800 in stock in the warehouse in Portsmouth

Insurance quote is £180 & tax £15.

The crate size is 1.5m long x 60cm wide x 80cm high which would fit in the GMC  .............

Titsy

You'd have to go to the gym more often though....

55starchief

Quoting: F Body
Spoke to the company this morning, they have over 800 in stock in the warehouse in Portsmouth

Insurance quote is £180 & tax £15.

The crate size is 1.5m long x 60cm wide x 80cm high which would fit in the GMC .............

You cant go wrong with that mate

F Body

Can't decide on the re-saleble 125cc Skyjet or the £9 more 200cc allowed on the motorway Hongdou

55starchief

Is the hongdou a dirt bike as well? as that should be easy to shift if its a 4 stroke to the mud boys

F Body

Quoting: 55starchief
Is the hongdou a dirt bike as well?

Yes even more so coz it's an Enduro, but you need a full licence to drive it on the road

55starchief

My mate used to have a 400cc 4 stroke that he raced, thing was bloody lethal, you could do a rolling burnout with it.

F Body

Quoting: 55starchief
you could do a rolling burnout with it.

Probably a 2 stroke ?  This powerhouse makes........

11.5 hp  

EDGE

who did you get a quote from dude... ??

Jamieg285

Why isn't the 125 allowed on the M-Way?  I thought the only block was L-plates.  I took mine on.

F Body

Quoting: Jamieg285
Why isn't the 125 allowed on the M-Way?

By law - All vehicles using a motorway must have an engine size exceding 125cc and nearly all 125's are actually 124cc because learners can only drive a motorbike with an engine size less than 125cc.

There's also some guff about learner 125's being restricted to 10hp or something ?

F Body

From the DVLA :

Learner motorcycles with a cubic capacity not
exceeding 125cc and of a power output
not exceeding 11kW(14.6bhp)

philoldsmobile

i thought the motoway min size limit was over 50cc?

mopeds are 49cc its to do with types of motorcycle... under 50cc is a moped, over 50cc is a motorcycle..

philoldsmobile

yup, 125 is fine on the motorway...

http://www.highwaycode.gov.uk/23.htm\" target=\"_blank\" rel=\"nofollow\">http://www.highwaycode.gov.uk/23.htm

General

227: Prohibited vehicles. Motorways MUST NOT be used by pedestrians, holders of provisional car or motorcycle driving licences unless exempt, riders of motorcycles under 50cc, cyclists and horse riders. Certain slow-moving vehicles and those carrying oversized loads (except by special permission), agricultural vehicles and most invalid carriages are also prohibited.
Laws HA 1980 sects 16, 17 & sch 4, MT(E&W)R reg 4, MT(E&W)(A)R, R(S)A sects 7 ,8 & sch 3 & MT(S)R reg 10