Main Menu

DiVyLA.

Started by F Body, January 23, 2007, 02:18:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

F Body

Nope not the sheep shaggers but the local Luton lot

Got all the import and customs paper work for the new bike from Portsmouth this morning, all you have to do is sign the customs decleration and add you name onto the V55/4 form

This afternoon went to the local DVLA office to tax & register it, or so I thought

The Clerk carefully went through all the documents including the cover note and charged me £69, after taking about 30 minutes to fill in all sorts of forms she handed me back my credit card receipt and said thank you.

Err Tax disc & registration Number I enquired ?

Oh I can't give you those, we have to check all the details ?

Sorry I thought you had just done that ? No we have to check certain details on our computer system, it will take a couple of days and will post your paperwork back to you

May be they thought it had been washed up on the Devon coast

55starchief

Sounds about right, they normaly need the police to check the chassis number to make sure its not stolen

philoldsmobile

so everyone who bagged a free BMW bike this week in devon will have fun if they try and regester it..

55starchief

Quoting: philoldsmobile

so everyone who bagged a free BMW bike this week in devon will have fun if they try and regester it..

No it will be the poor sap that buys it on ebay then finds it stolen, loosing the money and the bike

ianjpage

yeah tis right martyn - same for the cars - they just dont do a over the counter Tax / registration anymore - its posted to ya!