Yank Insurance

Started by Cunning Plan, February 21, 2007, 05:01:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cunning Plan

Been asked before, but a good comprehensive list of companies would be cool..
1968 VW T2 Bay Bus (currently being restored and upgraded)
1999 Jeep Cherokee XJ (modern classic daily driver)

ianjpage

Adrian Flux
MCE
Sureterm
Graham Sykes

Motorama

I was with AON for 20 years (originally Bain Hogg) but this year i switched to MCE  as they were £50 cheaper on my 56 Cadillac plus gave me wedding cover for free.
After i had paid MCE a company called RH came back to me another £50 cheaper. They advertise in Classic American, my 59 Oldsmobile was in their adverts for a while a couple of years ago.

Roadkill

I had the Cadillac insurance for £84 (F.Comp) with Headley but just wasn't convinced by their service.
It made me wonder what they'd be like if I actually needed to claim !

So, now I've got the Camaro at £224 a year, and the Caddy I'm insuring today for £140 . . . Both with Sureterm.

I personally DON'T rate Adrian Flux . . . but often they're the only way to go for young, first-time Yank owners.

Motorama

yeah, Flux quouted me £660 in 1990 to insure my 68 Fleetwood, AON covered it for £90. Muppets!

Motorama

Did you know if you buy a car on Ebay you can get 7 days insurance free!

Just ring them up for a quote, decline the offer, then take the 7 days free cover

Thats pretty handy

Roadkill

Quoting: Motorama
Just ring them up for a quote, decline the offer, then take the 7 days free cover

That's naughty.

Motorama

it works though, i sold a mates BMW 750iL on Ebay before xmas and the buyer did exactly that

http://pages.ebay.co.uk/motors/services/7dayinsurance/\" target=\"_blank\" rel=\"nofollow\">http://pages.ebay.co.uk/motors/services/7dayinsurance/

Roadkill

If it's Norwich Union I'd be amazed if it covered Yank motors . . .

FUBAR

Quoting: Roadkill
If it's Norwich Union I'd be amazed if it covered Yank motors . . .

It covers ALL cars sold, as its only 7 day they don't really need to know any details.
It's the time that we kill that keeps us alive...

Motorama

you could do a lot of damage in 7 days LOL

F Body

There all a bunch of lying cheating toe rags, which is why I always make it my mission to find the cheapest

Roadkill

Quoting: Motorama
you could do a lot of damage in 7 days LOL

philoldsmobile

greham sykes have coverd me since day 1 with a yank (age 20) and always been very good. they significantly under cut adrian flux every time for me..

stang costs £360 comp and oldsmobile is £270 TPFT

they also mirror NCD if you have two yanks insured at the same time with them

VIPER

Got mine with Headley insurance services
APlan also cover yanks now....

EDGE

might be worth me calling sykes i guess now that im 25 :crying...a-lot: they wouldn't hear of it last year....

Although MCE are on a winner at the momnet of just over £350 FC for the Saleen with all modifications declared.

Rob

Played my insurer off against Aplan....as you do...and managed to knock 40% off my renewal on the T/A

CJ-IROCZ

Insured with MCE on the Camaro for £198 fully comp.

I've heard some bad stories about them but i've had no probs in the 2 years i've been with them. I even insured my R6 with them

Mustangus

Just in the process of re-newing with Footman James who seem ok, but I guess you never know until you have to claim....

EDGE

FOOTMAN JAMES WANT OVER £1900 !!!!!!!!!!

EDGE

what was the problem a while ago with MCE and NIG underwriters, details not being passed on etc ??? im sure there was some issue of some kind...

anyone ?

ianjpage

yeah indeed...........wasn;'t it on AVO??

EDGE

yeah, something about a corvette being written off....

hmm....

well, MCE have come up trumps so far with a best quote of £342 FC, agreed value, no claims protection, all the bells and whistles basically...

im sure the issue with NIG has been resolved by now.  I think it was something like MCE didnt forward the info to NIG so the underwriters didnt recognise the policy or something....

ianjpage

EDGE