Any good to you RK...?

Started by Rob, February 21, 2007, 11:48:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roadkill

Please note pistons are seized and engine will require a re-build.

For a GRAND !

Is he mental ?

Thanks for the shout but I'm after the 1960-62 390ci as it has the new oil filter arrangement.

Roadkill

Quoting: Motorama
spotted this 500cu in earlier

Added that to my watch list last night.

and i spotted a 472 cu in earlier too

Now that's interesting . . .

Motorama

i'm after a 472 myself, well just the heads actually

sixpack2639

Quoting: Roadkill
Please note pistons are seized and engine will require a re-build.

For a GRAND !

Is he mental ?

Dean, did you read the whole thing???

He says it comes with spare parts and everything to rebuild the motor!

Although, at roughly $1900-$2300 his price is a bit high.

Might be worth it if all the machine work was done and the engine ready to reassemble.

Roadkill

i'm after a 472 myself, well just the heads actually

Do tell . . . . .

Quoting: sixpack2639
Dean, did you read the whole thing???

He says it comes with spare parts and everything to rebuild the motor!

Even so you can get a running motor and Tranny for $900 if you keep an eye out . . .

Quoting: sixpack2639
Might be worth it if all the machine work was done and the engine ready to reassemble.

Yep, more so . . . That would be ideal for lazy people.

Motorama

Do tell . . . . .

My best mate has a 68 Convertible. It has bad manifold blows and already a few of the studs have snapped meaning its going to be a 'heads off' job.
We wanted to find another set of heads and get them skimmed, ported and polished, sorted for unleaded and ready to bolt on to make the job easier and get the car back on the road quicker.

A friend of mine has both a 59 and a 60 390 engines for sale, both drip free and nice running. I've asked him for prices. Whats your budget?

EDGE

Roadkill

Whats your budget?

Hmm.

That depends alot on timing . . . the plan was to rebuild any way but -

Let us know what he wants for the '60 . . .

Roadkill

Let us know what he wants for the '60 . . .

If he wants to split it I dont need the Intake/Carb/Genny/P.S Pump . . .

Motorama

He's now not sure if he want to sell, but..............

i think i know where there is another 60 engine

Roadkill

I'm looking to order a full rebuild for mine within the next three months . . . . so am open to other options until then.

As I say - I don't need the inlet or carb . . . I'm changing to an alternator and I've already got a new water pump.
Hell, he can even keep the valve covers !

Motorama

just bought another Cadillac

Titsy

Nice...

It that the same year as we have on the MKB Homepage banner?

Motorama

Roadkill

Not a massive fan of the flat-tops but the '59 is the classic shape.

Definately on my list . . . But I'd have to be predictable and go for the Coupe.

Don't remember seeing that one about . . . and judging by the UVS number plate I'd guess is been in the country for a few years . . ?

Motorama

It was imported in 93 from Texas . Dont think its done the show scene much as i've never seen it prior to yesterday either. It's been parked up for a few years under a tarp.
Its very straight and solid, it still has the factory sills on it and good floors but the interior need sorting and the motor is a bit tired.
Bought it from a mate of mine who had too many projects. Not sure if i'm gonna keep it or sell it. If i can find another engine cheap i may just throw a couple of mexican blankets over the seats and smoke about in it for the summer. On the other hand i may just move it on for a small profit and give someone else the pleasure.
The coupe's are without doubt the prettiest 59, the proportions are even better than the ragtop. Prices have gone crazy the last few years though, decent coupes are well into the 20k's now. A decent flat top will even make mid to high teens now.

FUBAR

thats sweet!

aah if I had more space / money LOL
It's the time that we kill that keeps us alive...

Roadkill

Bought it from a mate of mine who had too many projects

Why don't any of my mates have too many projects knocking about ?

It certainly looks straight.  

When it comes to Sedan (DeVilles) there's only one I'd want . . . Oddly enough the '58.

I think every Cadillac looks best in it's Coupe form except the '58 . . . which is odd I know . . . But the '58 Coupe just looks a bit stubby and the trim near the rear windows looks wrong somehow . . .

There you go.

Roadkill

I suppose my '58 Sedan is my idea of a sensible family car . . .

For the day I have a family

Motorama

Yeah, i know what you mean. you like what you like regardless of value or desirability.

Although i'm fortunate enough to own the 56 Convertible which took 20 years of trading up to get to, my favourite Cadillac is the 56 Sedan De Ville. It was the first 4 door pillar less Cadillac and IMO has the best lines and proportions of all. Although it's a four door it has the Coupe body, only the doors differ and with the windows down it looks ace.

I owned this one for a few months a couple of years back

Roadkill

with the windows down it looks ace.

Mental note : Must get my rear passenger side window sorted.

What's the point of having a pillarless when you can't put all the windows down ???!!!

I, too, love the '55 and '56 . . . Personally I lean more towards the '55 purely because of the grille.  It's a little more open then the '56 and for some reason I like that more.

A '59 is one the cards, too . . . . but that'll have to be in quite a few years time when I lose a bit of my enthusiasm for working on cars . . . Hence I'd be looking for a minter.

Motorama

I also like the 55, especially in  series 62 convertible but not the Eldorado as i dont think the fin works on it

Roadkill

Many of the "special" Caddy's had nasty tail fins . . . Prime example the '58 Eldorado Biarritz.