F.A.O - CARL.

Started by Roadkill, February 21, 2007, 12:15:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sixpack2639

Quoting: Roadkill
After that a price for shipping will be terrifying a good idea.

You had it right the first time, terrifying!

There's a lot of heavy stuff!

I figured i'd repack the smaller stuff inside the drums to protect it, then split stuff up into less than 70 pound packages.

I'm figuring it will have to be in at least 4 packages.

2 drums and some small bits in 2 packages, the springs in 1 package and the sway bar and S/S lines in 1 package.

Roadkill

Sounds about right.

Keep us posted on the prices.

:bitingnails:

55starchief

Carl, here is my swaybar, as you can see its very simaler to deans

Roadkill

I think he'll need the diameter as well . . . even though the new one's different.

sixpack2639

Grame, I spoke with John and he said they do not offer a replacement "OEM" bar for your car. However, they do offer a kit for 55-57 Chevrolet that is an add on to beef up the suspension that may work. It is used along with the original bar for better support. You basically end up with 2 bars rather than 1.

Take some measurements for me. I need to know the outside to outside on the frame rails where the bar mounts and the eye to eye of your original bar at the center of the holes. I'll get the same measurements off my mates 55 Chevy and we can compare them.

55starchief

No problem mate, from memory the cheby and poncho frame rails are the same width only difference is the X bracing on the poncho chassis.

I am at the barn on sunday so will measure the centres and let you know. The car already has custom built Koni dampers to try and help with the handling