An amazing forum... totaly illegal obviously

Started by EDGE, February 26, 2007, 07:35:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EDGE

You have GOT to check some of this lot out..

they are "urban explorers" which means they go in to old abandoned hospitals or up cranes or whatever and take some pictures.  Its obviously tresspassing and therfore illegal... but what a great hobby !!!!! proper james bond sh1t !!

check this one out for starters.. views from a tower crane...

http://www.28dayslater.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=9587\" target=\"_blank\" rel=\"nofollow\">http://www.28dayslater.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=9587

I've been stck reading the forum for about 2 days now... its incredible what this lot get up to...

EDGE

55starchief

Yup been posted many a time on here, have you found the niagra falls hydro electric one yet?

Roadkill

Quoting: 55starchief
been posted many a time on here

Indeed.

have you found the niagra falls hydro electric one yet?

That's the best, by far, IMO.

FUBAR

Yup been posted many a time on here, have you found the niagra falls hydro electric one yet?

yeah that one is awesome, did I link that a while back?
It's the time that we kill that keeps us alive...

EDGE

i keep on happeneing accross it every 6 months or so.... it takes a while to catch up with the loonacy !!...

55starchief

Quoting: Roadkill
been posted many a time on here

Indeed.

well those london boys are a little slow you know

FUBAR

Quoting: EDGE
i keep on happeneing accross it every 6 months or so.... it takes a while to catch up with the loonacy !!...

Indeed, I just log in & have a browse.  some of the most creepy ones are in the "Asylums & Hospitals" section

EDGE

Cunning Plan

Yah its an awesome hobby.. its finding the sites to explore that would be hard ??  
1968 VW T2 Bay Bus (currently being restored and upgraded)
1999 Jeep Cherokee XJ (modern classic daily driver)

ianjpage

Roadkill

Quoting: Cunning Plan
its finding the sites to explore that would be hard ??

Not really.

Drive 20 miles in any direction of M.K and you'll find old factorys / mills / etc . . in the surrounding villages and towns.

I've seen a couple I'd love to have a butchers round over Bedford and Oxford way . . .

ianjpage

I've seen a couple I'd love to have a butchers round over Bedford and Oxford way . . .

hmmmm

FUBAR

thats worrying, it looks like you're getting ideas...

some of the places they go into take some serious balls to tackle (no pun intended) though.

Roadkill

Quoting: FUBAR
thats worrying, it looks like you're getting ideas...

I used to do things like that when I was a kid . . . . Not on such a large scale, obviously, but there's loads of old warehouses round Wolverton way.

<sigh>

Ah, the old days . . .

FUBAR

I used to do things like that when I was a kid

Yeah but its different when you're a kid, anyone who finds you would just kick you out mouthing profanities with 'kids' on the end.  they find a bunch of blokes wandering about with cameras & climbing gear they're going to be a little more suspicious...

Roadkill

they find a bunch of blokes wandering about with cameras & climbing gear they're going to be a little more suspicious...

Of course . . . that's part of the buzz of it I suppose . . . When you was a kid you was terrified of your parents finding out . . as an adult your affraid of the old bill finding out !

Except, as a kid, I was probably more frightened of my Dad then I am of the law, now.

Cunning Plan

cameras & climbing gear they're going to be a little more suspicious...

I say we go in fancy dress.. then we wont look as suspicious..  

I call monkey suit..

Cunning Plan

Drive 20 miles in any direction of M.K and you'll find old factorys / mills / etc . . in the surrounding villages and towns.

Really?   i cant find any deserted places???  maby im not looking in the right areas.. The only things I can see is modern industrial estates and houses.. lolz..

55starchief

I still have all my climbing gear, from memory at least 3 50M ropes plenty of beaners and loads of slings plus some other bits

FUBAR

Cunning Plan

what about the aircraft hangers in bedford.. arent they deralict now?

EDGE

ianjpage

Quoting: Cunning Plan

what about the aircraft hangers in bedford.. arent they deralict now?

shhhhhhhh

Roadkill