RIP Chevy Monte Carlo.

Started by F Body, March 01, 2007, 01:40:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

F Body

The General has announced the demise of the Chevrolet Monte Carlo.

Not that surprising really in January 2007 only 1,639 were sold.
In 2006, 34,113 were sold, a slight improvement over 2005.
May 4th will reportedly be the last day you can order a Monte Carlo and production of the car at GM's Oshawa plant in Canada will cease on June 20th. Basically anything GM selling less than 100,000 units anually is toast
We can probably all guess which part of the world any replacement product will be manufactured

philoldsmobile

to put it in context, just a few years ago, ford were selling 100,000 F150's in texas alone!

so yeah, any car that doesn't shift 100,000 units across the USA isn't really worth producing!

FUBAR

I still really really (REALLY) want a Blue 454ci, "Bucket seat & centre console" SS 1st Gen Monte

Fantastic old boats :drool: Uber

Unfortunatly i'd need a house, double garage and a daily driver first!
It's the time that we kill that keeps us alive...

FUBAR

Is it just me or does the one above look a little bit lke my Mum's Hyundai Coupe...

The american domestic market is in dire trouble.

Pod

Well, going by that picture, we won't be missing much.
I don't care what name or badge it has - it's ugly dull and boring all at once.

HardRockCamaro

Actually I saw several of these in Florida this summer, they seemed really popular.  And they look a lot better in the flesh than their pictures suggest.  Yes a bit generic but then most modern cars are.  You could see it was a Monte though, particularly at the back.

The SS has a 5.4L V8 with 303BHP and is just £15,000

I'd certainly consider one.

FUBAR

yeah I see your point, the back end has NASCAR written all over it

FUBAR

out of interest what do chevy use for NASCAR now? & assuming they still use the Monte what will they use in the future?