desperatly seeking a shift cable

Started by CJ-IROCZ, March 05, 2007, 04:19:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CJ-IROCZ

I need a shift cable for a '87 maro with 700R4.

I've rang around the usual suspects and no-one keeps them in stock .

Does anyone know of one for sale or where i could possible get one ??

Roadkill

I could only suggest looking for a junker being scrapped on FleaBay ?

There's been a few recently . . .

art b

i got a b & m shifter cable from the ststes in 8 days,
through egay

and it was 15 quid cheaper than here,and i struggled to find one here
This forum needs, ''YOU'' posting,Not just reading ! :moon:

55starchief

I would think summit or jegs could mail you one out or even fedex it on a 24hr if you needed it in a rush. I just fedex'd a box to the usa on a 24h weighing about 8kg and it cost me £40

Roadkill

USPS are pretty quick with smaller items, too.

And cheap.

55starchief

Quoting: Roadkill

USPS are pretty quick with smaller items, too.

And cheap.

yeah alot depends on this end though. I would think you could get a shifter cable on a 24h for a lot less than i paid to get that box across as the cable weighs virtualy nothing

EDGE

CJ-IROCZ

Thanks for the help guys.

edge no i does not have to be new , just in good conditon,. its scary how bad mine is

Jamieg285

JEGS normally deliver within 2 days.  They use FedEx, and they have a fast track through customs.

The downside seems to be that the minimum delivery charge is over $40.  It's good for larger orders, but not so on small, low value items.

sixpack2639

I'm assuming you are talking about a DETENT CABLE??

I can get the cable and ship it to you for about $35 total. Would need to know which engine you have as they are different lengths unless you get a "Universal / Adjustable" one.

Delivery would take 5-10 days though.

CJ-IROCZ

Sounds good mate. its a shift cable for a 700r4 , 87 camaro with a 350 TPI engine

Not sure if its the same as a detent though

sixpack2639

A "Shift cable" is for selecting gears and attaches between the floor shifter and tranny.

A "Detent cable" is for kickdown into a lower gear when you put yer foot to the floor and is attached between the throttle body/carb linkage and the tranny.

CJ-IROCZ

Yeah i'm with ya.

I knew what the shift cable was but was unaware of what the kickdowns technical name was

All sorted now thanks. I rang Robin at auto pontiac and hes getting me one tomorrow for £39

thanks again though pal

sixpack2639

No problem mate, glad you got it sorted anyway!

39 quid!!!

Hells bells man, I could get 2 of em and ship em to yers with change left over!

55starchief

Quoting: Fin170703
I rang Robin at auto pontiac and hes getting me one tomorrow for £39

Damn you took it up the a$$ going to robin, I just dont like the way that guy does business.

CJ-IROCZ

well the cheapest i could find a new one from the states was $40 plus shipping and a 4 - 5 day wait. £39 was a reasonable price.

I've spent ages on the phone to Robin and he has always been superb , always helpful and full of knowledge, i know he can be abrupt but he probably spends half his life talking to time wasters.

I didn't take it up the ass as i rang round around 10 companies and he was no more expensive than the rest.

Rocky

Should have called me im sure i could have got it cheaper, I dont always pick up on every thread.

CJ-IROCZ

I'll keep that in mind in the future. cheers rocky. i just needed one asap and he was the only one who kept it in stock

Rocky

I have a few suppliers that can get stuff to me same or next day.

HardRockCamaro

I only just saw this thread.

I have a shifter cable (gear lever to transmission) off my 88 700R4 equipped car as it was no longer needed when the Megashifter was fitted.

Ho hum...