post your MPG

Started by philoldsmobile, March 10, 2007, 07:54:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roadkill

Titsy

Shifty

Quoting: Titsy
So to use primium instead of super would most likely damage your engine over time, as i'm guessing the gueda [sp] is quite highly strung...

Most unlikely, the engine was designed 19 years ago so was probably designed with 95RON in mind and super is just a bit of a bonus. Certainly if mine was a tubby I wouldn't even consider putting in anything less than super in it.

Having said that in Japan as far as I know the fuel is of higher quality and octane rating than over here and has been for many years, don't know if anyone can confirm this myth.

Personally I don't think my engine is particularly highly strung, I think 168BHP out of a 2 liter N/A engine should be the average. Unfortunately only a few manufacturers seem to agree with this, at least up until fairly recently.

PS. the correct spelling is Gouda and for peoples information it is a Dutch cheese. The nick name came about when a friend commented on the resemblance of the MK1 MR2 to the cheese (triangular in shape). The name carried over to my car as it sounds funny.

Jamieg285

Quoting: Shifty
PS. the correct spelling is Gouda and for peoples information it is a Dutch cheese. The nick name came about when a friend commented on the resemblance of the MK1 MR2 to the cheese (triangular in shape). The name carried over to my car as it sounds funny.

And there's me thinking it was some rare japanese special edition

Titsy

Quoting: Jamieg285

EDGE

Quoting: Jamieg285

my olds gets somewhere near 20mpg with my driving, no doubt others could get more out of it...

i dread to even think what mpg the saleen does, it'd probably be depressing !!!

Pod

Quoting: EDGE

Has it been working long enough to even use a gallon of petrol yet?

Jamieg285

Quoting: Pod
Quoting: EDGE

Has it been working long enough to even use a gallon of petrol yet?