post your MPG

Started by philoldsmobile, March 10, 2007, 07:54:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

philoldsmobile

last tank (trying BP ultimate unleaded)

31.25 mpg

403 km (250 miles), used 36 liters (8 gallons on the nose), this included an hour in stationary traffic, thrashing round brum looking for the MOT station and the car sat idling for some considerable time at the MOT station. rest of the driving was motorway at 80 ish, and a trip across bedford town center.

Titsy

Nornally I get around 21mpg in the 'maro, 22.9mpg was my best, and the last tank was 14mpg...

(all figures in UK MPG)

F Body

Z28 current average from new is 27.18mpg.

Panda averages 56mpg around town.

GMC somewhere between 16 and 22mpg ( I've given up working it out )

Lifan motorbike averages 80-85 mpg.

ianjpage

art b

lifes too short, tbh...........
This forum needs, ''YOU'' posting,Not just reading ! :moon:

VIPER

EEEEERRRRRRRRRRR  I'd rather not if you don't mind....

FUBAR

Engine: 1989 L98 350ci V8
Current average: 18.9mpg
Best: 24.14
Worst: 11.13 (Over winter with lots of stationary running & moving around no further than 1/2 way down the road...)
It's the time that we kill that keeps us alive...

Roadkill

Camaro - Av 20 MPG
Caddy - Av 14 MPG

Incursus

Just running a tank through after changing the air filter and leads, looks promising so far, half a tank @ 200km compared to the normal 175ish

Fieldy

havent driven mine yet

300bhp per ton

Ls1 Camaro z/28 - 24-28mpg mostly flat out for short jorneys with the a/c on

Discovery - 24-28mpg but it does ride on 33" rubber!!!

TR7 V8 - again ~24mpg!!!!!+ cammed,  heads, carb, intake, headers, exhaust plus other mods

Pug 106 - 60-66mpg

Titsy

Quoting: 300bhp per ton
Ls1 Camaro z/28 - 24-28mpg mostly flat out for short jorneys with the a/c on

If you're flat out then the A/C turns off to give you more power... Does on the LT1's anyway...

Shifty

The Gouda gets 29 - 34 MPG,

sweet

rebeltrucker

Quoting: F Body

Cripes....thats impressive.

My lil V6 maro does about 26 round town (which bearin inmind that i drive it like i stole it aint so bad), and on a run its best is 35.4.

As for the new bus......double figures would be nice.

HardRockCamaro

The Caddy does 21mpg on my run to work which is 11.5 miles and takes 35-40mins if I leave just before 7am and drive sympathetically.
If I leave just before 8am it takes an hour to cover the same 11.5 miles and without paying attention to how I drive the Caddy drops to 16mpg.

On a long motorway run (read 250miles or so) it returns 30mpg at 70mph.

The Camaro returns up to 41mpg (yes you read correctly) at 55mph on a long (250mile +) motorway run.

Both cars generally return about 20-24mpg overall in my living on the very edge of London situation.

Pod

Quoting: rebeltrucker
Quoting: F Body

Cripes....thats impressive.

But that's more than off set by the rising cost of polish.

Roadkill

Also, PhilO tells me Martyn uses Shell optimax (which offers more MPG) so that's not completely fair when compared to standard unleaded . . .

Titsy

Quoting: Roadkill
(which offers more MPG)

no it doesn't, it has the same calarific (SP) value as regular petrol...

HardRockCamaro

I run mine on super (97) or better.
It seems to be giving me about 10% better mpg.

Titsy

What compression are you running, and is the engine EFI / Electronic Ignition?

Roadkill

Quoting: Titsy
no it doesn't, it has the same calarific (SP) value as regular petrol...

Tests prove (Martyn with Opimax and PhilO with BP Ultimate) that it does.

Muppet.

FUBAR

Quoting: HardRockCamaro
The Camaro returns up to 41mpg (yes you read correctly) at 55mph on a long (250mile +) motorway run.

I'm going to test this idea next month when I go to southampton, set the cruise at 55 & see what I get from her.   the extra 50ci might make quite a difference...
It's the time that we kill that keeps us alive...

Roadkill

Quoting: FUBAR
when I go to southampton

Hopefully they've finished the roadworks (south of Oxford) by then . . .

Titsy

Quoting: Roadkill
Tests prove (Martyn with Opimax and PhilO with BP Ultimate) that it does.

Nope, sorry chump but your wrong... What he's seeing is as a result of the engine... In a higher compression engine you 'should' run a higher octane rated fuel to prevent predetonation and knock... If you run a lower octane rated fuel you will get knock and the cars engine management system will retard the ignition to compensate and reduce knock... With a higher octane rating it will advance the ignition and you will get a better burn... you get no bigger bang from a higher octane rating, but you can make more useful energy out of it in a higher compression engine... they have the same calerific content, it's just that higher octane fuels are harder to ignite....

Muppet...

F Body

Quoting: HardRockCamaro
The Camaro returns up to 41mpg (yes you read correctly) at 55mph

Since when have you ever driven at 55mph, unless you omitted the "1" as on 155mph

Don't forget we have video evidence M'Lord