Hi all -- and welcome?

Started by RealV8, March 15, 2007, 01:43:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RealV8

Bit of a cheek as this is my first post .. Hi all ... but going by the pics and a few comments I can't quite get a handle on what the club is all about and if it is for me.

It looks like the majority of members own 80's Camaro's or cheque book showroom models, low output Mustangs and the like....

Nothing wrong in that but I don't really want to sit among a sea of Mundano's, even if they were made in the States ..

No disrespect guys, just need to see if the "American" in the club title means literal" (as in left hand drive so it must be good) or "Ethos" (as in appreciating the whole lifestyle and roots of American vehicles)...

55starchief

Welcome along mate, why not tell us what you have and what your looking for. We have a pretty varied range of classic and modern american cars. We have no problem with Kustoms or lowriders as variety is the spice of life.

We are a very open minded group and for me its the apreciation of all things american

F Body

Welcome anything American is good in my books
Modern / classic / good / bad and ugly !

This club is for anyone who like American cars - hell you don't even have to own one

As for appreciating the whole lifestyle, there are some parts I like and some I don't such as dressing as Elvis or wearing cowboy boots - but each to own.

FUBAR

Quoting: RealV8
t of a cheek as this is my first post .. Hi all ... but going by the pics and a few comments I can't quite get a handle on what the club is all about and if it is for me.

It looks like the majority of members own 80's Camaro's or cheque book showroom models, low output Mustangs and the like....

Nothing wrong in that but I don't really want to sit among a sea of Mundano's, even if they were made in the States ..

No disrespect guys, just need to see if the "American" in the club title means literal" (as in left hand drive so it must be good) or "Ethos" (as in appreciating the whole lifestyle and roots of American vehicles)...

Hi Denis (Deuce...)! whats with the alter egos?
It's the time that we kill that keeps us alive...

Giblets

Nothing wrong with 80's Camaro's!

This club is more about having a laugh with like minded folk, than bringing home trophies and having polishing competitions!

CJ-IROCZ

Roadkill

I've got one of these dodgy 80's Camaro's, Mate . . . . But then I've got a '58 Cadillac, as well.

Takes all types.

Roadkill

Quoting: FUBAR
Hi Denis (Deuce...)! whats with the alter egos?

It's safer when PhilO's about, I'd guess.

CJ-IROCZ

Quoting: Giblets
having polishing competitions!

I've heard you'd defo win that award mate

and not bad at cleaning your car either

FUBAR

Quoting: Roadkill
It's safer when PhilO's about, I'd guess.

Thats totally unfair Dean, mainly because if, and i'm 99% sure that is you Denis seen as you've logged in from a Milton Keynes Council IP Address and you deem it necessary to come back here after asking me for your account to be removed under an alter ego pretending like you're a new member & posting stuff like that then good riddance to you.  Please don't come back again.

Ryan

FUBAR

Quoting: FUBAR
i'm 99% sure that is you Denis

For the record,  Denis has contacted me this morning at work to say that, although he does pop in on the MKB from time to time, that this account was not created by him nor was the content in the Original post his.

The MKC IP address is accessible by over 2000 staff at MKC and also is the same for the public computers at CMK library and as such can be access by any member of the public.  As a result I withdraw my comments with respect to Denis in my above posts.