Main Menu

EDGE's Saleen

Started by EDGE, March 30, 2007, 08:04:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EDGE

£61.... but still.....

anyways. im not talking to you fijieldy... mainly because I now want a jag

Fieldy

Ah, I quickly read that as 3 mile trip to MOT centre, so I halved it..

Been using the Jag for work last two days and it is stunning. Smooth, refined and sports mode works nicely when you want it too....
Plus, with it being the LWB it makes it stand out a little too much in the car parks!

EDGE

bet it sticks out the end of the spaces!!

Fieldy

We have standard size spaces at work with designated walkways running behind the spaces.... My boss isn't convinced I should be allowed to park there as it covers the walkway abolishing all his H&S hard work

So seriously, is the Saleen going anywhere this year or is the house still taking up the time?

EDGE

Taxed the Saleen this morning, had to do it the old fashioned way at the post office as the mot is tomorrow and I forgot to do it online last week!!!!

So, as usual, it'll come out of the garage, warm up on the drive, go for the mot and then come back..... Although, traffic/weather/the Gods depending, I MIGHT take it round the block.....  MAYBE.

ianjpage

Quoting: EDGE

So, as usual, it'll come out of the garage, warm up on the drive, go for the mot and then come back..... Although, traffic/weather/the Gods depending, I MIGHT take it round the block..... MAYBE.

lol its yearly outing then...you really should drive it more!

EDGE

Did you not see the bit about driving it around the block?

ianjpage

OK let me re-phrase, you should drive it more than 100 miles a year!!

EDGE

HA... 100 miles.... how big do you think the block is!!!

it'll be lucky to see 10 miles i reckon

FUBAR

How about driving it to Billing at the start of June...
It's the time that we kill that keeps us alive...

EDGE

Holy crap dude! A motorway!!!!!!!

EDGE

All done and dusted, AND I went round the block!!!!  Happy days!!!

ianjpage

lol back in the garage for another 12 months then

EDGE

Well, maybe not, after driving it this morning I've spotted a few things that I need to address, somethings I knew all about and I'd forgotten about. I know I knew about them as the bits to fix them are in the boot!

Fieldy

Glad it's all good. Still love that car regardless of the mileage and lack of usage....

FUBAR

Quoting: FUBAR
How about driving it to Billing at the start of June

Well, maybe

so thats a misquoted yes then eh?... come on, you know you would love to take it for a run & everyone would love to see it out for a weekend

EDGE

A weekend!!! You mean leave it outside????!!! Overnight?!?!?!?

Holy crap dude I think you've lost your mind!!!!

FUBAR

EDGE

Well.......

I don't know what came over me but I took the car out of the garage on Saturday morning!  You could hear the car saying quietly,

"but wait..... it's not MOT day yet?!?!"

it was right, after a longest drive of 1.5 miles for the last 4 years I took it all the way up to Toddington!!!!!  Not sure how many miles that is exactly but it's got to be around 50!

I had the car detailed by a guy on the mustang forum who works out of a very secluded secure barn workshop.  He spent 11 hours machine polishing the paint work, not with an amateur da, but a proper rotary polisher.  He must have used 20 different heads/compounds to get the paint right.  He then applied Swiss Vax - Best of Show wax, not only is it £250 a pot (a tiny pot at that) but it smells of tangerines!!!

The car looks amazing now, the paint has become deeper and the reflections are unreal.  He said it could really do with a week long paint correction which would involve taking most of the car apart and wet sanding it all to remove the orange peel in the factory laquer.  After seeing his work on other cars he's definitely right, however, it's not cheap to have a week of labour!  He had some ohotos of an audi that he's just finished, the reflections are like a mirror, you'd swear it had chrome paint!!!

Anyway, I did take some pics so I'll sort them out after work :)

Oh, on Sunday I took the car to damn Yankees in essex to show it off!   Thought I should make the best of the sun and all that!!  

thats about 150 miles all in one weekend!  I forgot how many people look at the big orange car, one guy in a BMW almost rear ended a truck and the guy in the red evo8 thought it fun to sit next to me revving up in solid traffic..... what a tool.... I didn't rise to that, reving up for no reason, not with V-Power being 145.9/litre !!!!!!!!!!

Cunning Plan

Anyway, I did take some pics so I'll sort them out after work :)

1968 VW T2 Bay Bus (currently being restored and upgraded)
1999 Jeep Cherokee XJ (modern classic daily driver)

Andy

Ah no way, we were down for going to the Damn Yankees show but Dave hasn't been feeling to great plus a stone dead battery meant the Camaro wasn't going anywhere!

What came over you to put so many miles on the clock? Are you ill?

Pics when you can dude!

EDGE

lol... not ill no, just made the best of the sunny weekend really, plus it was nice to see the sun on the hood for a change!

ianjpage

Who are you - where's the real Edge - he never drives the Saleen anywhere but MOT's LOL!

Good on ya for taking it out!

Incursus

Was tempted to take mine out on Sunday, ran out of time though.

Fieldy

Awesome to read. Nice one Edge....