EDGE's Saleen

Started by EDGE, March 30, 2007, 08:04:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

F Body

Quoting: EDGE
I seem to have spent a ridiculous amount of time fiddling

Well it is a Ford

get current map on and test..... then dyno...... happy days.

Indeedy !

Before the Bletchley Park Show please

EDGE

damnit..... i knew there was a dead line !!! 2 weeks may not be enough, i may have to pimp my way there in the truffle

Titsy

happy days....

Roadkill

New smilie, methinks.  - Just loose the ">???" bit.

Titsy

It says Eyyy... As in Fonzi, as in Happy Days...

Roadkill

Ah - I'm guessing it makes sense in the White background, then . . .

Titsy

EDGE

lol..... yet another reason to switch

EDGE

did some more mapping tonight, happy days......

now needs fuel. last time i put optimax in it (last October) it was 93.9 i think.... wonder what it is now !!!!

we'll see... I really wanted to bring it to the show on the 15th but again, it's not looking promising.... just running out of time.....

F Body

last time i put optimax in it (last October) it was 93.9 i think.... wonder what it is now !!!!

I put a tank full in the Maro last week

£1.01 per litre

NB : Get with program it's called V Power now

ianjpage

Quoting: F Body

£1.01 per litre

YIKES!!!

93.9 for nomal 96.9 for super down ere!!

Titsy

Quoting: ianjpage
93.9 for nomal 96.9 for super down ere!!

:grumble:

philoldsmobile

97 for normal 101 for super here

EDGE

FFS !!!!

still... it is actualy pretty empty now :(

EDGE

well.. another few hours tonight spent mapping, i actually pulled the MAF out too and gave it a clean, its now running a teeeeeeeeeeeeeny bit rich which is ok, i guess some filth on the MAF was stopping it reading correctly...arsebiscuits

still, made a few new maps, burnt the chips and tested them out, runs nicely but now it REALLY needs some fuel, I'll probably have to take a few jerry cans to the petrol station later as I doubt it has enough fuel to get there... well... it obviously does but I dont want it using the last dregs of the tank, I never let it go below 1/8 th of a tank.

I'll have to see if I can get a driveable boost map on it asap !!  It runs fine on part throttle but I daren't try the boost yet, not until its all 100% off boost.  It may well be fine if I jump on the loud pedal now but I'd rather not risk it...

F Body

I'll have to see if I can get a driveable boost map on it asap !!

Almost forgotten that your had a Mustang !

I think even the with there Moosive and 700hp 2.0 litre motors would have had it sorted by now

Just hope you know what your doing

HardRockCamaro

Tomorrow, today, now? White boys work fast dont they?

EDGE

LOL

I'm definitely learning A LOT as I go on this... today I learnt about the Idle fuel enrichment function which has stopped the car stumbling when it drops to idle.  THE problem is that with HUAGE injectors the spray pater at low rpms SUCKS....

ianjpage

EDGE

and we've loooooost ian...

ianjpage

i was lost aloooooooooooooong time ago mate lol!!

EDGE

F Body

Quoting: ianjpage
i was lost aloooooooooooooong time ago mate lol!!

and then you saw the light and bought a Chevy

Fieldy

Love that film......

EDGE

wellll........

after a completely chaotic 6 months (ok, more like 9) buying a house getting married blah blah blah... I have finally pulled my finger out and made a new map for the Saleen !!!!!

I'm hoping to get the map on the car this weekend and take it for a drive, even if it's just to get the MOT and a full tank of gas :)

I actually had a look at the car the other day, poor thing's covered in dust from just standing there, fired right up on the first turn of the key though.  I took it out of the garage and let it warm up, tested the aircon etc, everything is A OK !!!!!

It actually bought a smile to my face seeing it run for the first time in ages, I was tempted to take it for a spin but without an MOT is a bit risky, especialy seeing as it stands out a bit!!!

The Saleen unfortunately has taken a bit of a back seet for the last year or so, but now I've shufled a few bits around I'm hoping to get it fully mapped this year so I can start enjoying my investment!!!!!